Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hoochie mama wanna-bling - November 30 2006  (Read 7352 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Hoochie mama wanna-bling - November 30 2006
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 05:30:55 pm »

I can ramble about things while trying to be funny until I eventually end up trying to make a point about something... and not stop until I get there, despite myself. All I can ask, I guess, is for the internet to understand that it comes from a place of scatterbrainedness and not from a place of pompousity.

I,  for one, accept that I am a pompous ass.  I don't know how my friends and associates tolerate my pedantry.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Hoochie mama wanna-bling - November 30 2006
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 05:37:58 pm »

I regularly have conversations with my friend, who is currently working towards some sort of hellish humanities major which involves basically reading every important work of western literature each semester, where I make comments to the effect of "it isn't the same in english... you should read the Aeneid in the original Latin."

so I guess I win some kind of award.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Hoochie mama wanna-bling - November 30 2006
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 05:43:41 pm »

I regularly have conversations with my friend, who is currently working towards some sort of hellish humanities major which involves basically reading every important work of western literature each semester, where I make comments to the effect of "it isn't the same in english... you should read the Aeneid in the original Latin."

so I guess I win some kind of award.

I was actually excited because I just found out that Fagles did a translation of the Aeneid. I really enjoyed his Iliad & Odyssey. Damn that's geeky.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Hoochie mama wanna-bling - November 30 2006
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006, 05:55:40 pm »

See, I don't think that Ray is actually implying that Molly is a hoochie. I think he just automatically lumps Molly in with all other women of his experience, many of which are hoochies, but all of whom fall into one of two categories: "women Ray might want to have sex with" and "women who are Ray's mom or otherwise off-limits for sex." Since Molly is roughly of Ray's age and moderately attractive, she's in the first category despite the fact that she is Beef's girlfriend and also probably would not have sex with Ray if he were the last cat on Earth. (He couldn't even get away with the propagation excuse; neutered, remember?) This causes him to default to the "gift that seems expensive and will probably get the lady to have sex with you" idea.

Also, remember that Ray is not the best judge for gifts related to Beef and Molly's sex life.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Hoochie mama wanna-bling - November 30 2006
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2006, 06:00:43 pm »

(He couldn't even get away with the propagation excuse; neutered, remember?)

That's what I love about this board. The attention to detail.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Hoochie mama wanna-bling - November 30 2006
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2006, 06:19:26 pm »

See, I don't think that Ray is actually implying that Molly is a hoochie. I think he just automatically lumps Molly in with all other women of his experience, many of which are hoochies, but all of whom fall into one of two categories: "women Ray might want to have sex with" and "women who are Ray's mom or otherwise off-limits for sex." Since Molly is roughly of Ray's age and moderately attractive, she's in the first category despite the fact that she is Beef's girlfriend and also probably would not have sex with Ray if he were the last cat on Earth. (He couldn't even get away with the propagation excuse; neutered, remember?) This causes him to default to the "gift that seems expensive and will probably get the lady to have sex with you" idea.

Also, remember that Ray is not the best judge for gifts related to Beef and Molly's sex life.

I think Ray's neutering took place before The Great Continuity Shift so we can't actually rely on it anymore. You're proposed category system for women in Ray's life reminds me of Belkar's proto-brain.
Logged

Alternate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 141
  • the dinosaurs died for your sins
    • View Profile
Re: Hoochie mama wanna-bling - November 30 2006
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2006, 07:45:47 pm »

Man I was just reading about Lie groups and then I decided to read comics for the day. I did not expect to find Lie groups hiding in wait for me again.

Whoa, crazy.  I think it's a sign from god that you should either do more math or read more comics. 

stuff about a corporate mascot paradigm shift

I think the most orwellian corporate mascot paradigm shift is the one where grimace (of mcdonalds) went from having four arms to two arms, and then the mcdonalds advertisers were all, "What are you crazy kids talking about?  Grimace has always had two arms.  Just like we've always been at war with eastasia." 
Logged
Science fun fact:  Did you know that sharks are the awesomest of all animals?

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Hoochie mama wanna-bling - November 30 2006
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2006, 07:54:07 pm »

I think the most Orwellian corporate mascot paradigm shift is the one where grimace (of Mcdonalds) went from having four arms to two arms, and then the Mcdonalds advertisers were all, "What are you crazy kids talking about?  Grimace has always had two arms.  Just like we've always been at war with Eastasia." 

Little known fact: Underneath the plaque emblazoned on the "Staff Room" door at your local MaccyD's you will find the inscription "Room 101".

Further trivia: You know those big screens with the backlit menu offering you the latest family size deals? Telescreens.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Hoochie mama wanna-bling - November 30 2006
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2006, 07:57:35 pm »

The Grimace is also, like, a good guy now for some reason.

I definitely remember, in the very back of my mind before the last Crisis On Infinite Popular Cultures, that The Grimace was definitely a bad guy. And not just a bumbling thief like the Hamburglar. A real bad guy. Hence the name. The Grimace.

The Grimace was evil. Nothing could stop The Grimace.

Now he's just... Grimace. Are these two different people?

Was The Grimace lobotomized and surgically altered to a more anthropomorphic form?

If he stopped being a bad guy, why was he still named Grimace? That isn't a good guy name at all.

I would question more but the word "grimace" has lost all meaning and it looks like a nonsense word after typing it so many times.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Hoochie mama wanna-bling - November 30 2006
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2006, 08:53:32 pm »

The Evil Grimace was indeed an unpleasant state of mind which could only be combatted by delicious McDonald's milk-shakes. I guess that unlike the Hamburglar his hunger was finally sated and now he's left with an inappropriate name and a puppylike devotion to his former arch-enemy.

That, or Birdie used her mystical powers to alter his mind so that he would "reform" from evil, and when Hamburglar exposes this to the rest of the mascots it will create a rift in the mascot community that prompts a multi-year-long crossover event in which at least two popular characters will die unnecessarily.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Hoochie mama wanna-bling - November 30 2006
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2006, 09:43:06 pm »

Now I can't even remember if the Fry Guys used to steal french fries or if they just really really like them like Cookie Monster.

I want to think they used to trick Ronald out of fries or at distract him into setting them down and wandering away but now I think it may be a false memory brought on my this thread.

Also, did the hamburger cop have a name?
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Hoochie mama wanna-bling - November 30 2006
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2006, 10:08:27 pm »

Also, did the hamburger cop have a name?

Big Mac.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Hoochie mama wanna-bling - November 30 2006
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2006, 11:30:25 pm »

See, I saw it as more of a Multiple Earths thing...

Four-armed evil Grimace being an ally of Ultra-Man, Owlman, Superwoman in the antimatter universe... Earth-3, I think it was.

Good Grimace probably... with his cartoonishness, not even being from Earth-1 but probably from the Justice Society's kinder simpler Earth-2 or... even Shazam's Earth-S?

But that totally works too.

Grimace as a Catwoman/Dr. Light figure totally works too.

(I am a huge dork.)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Erskelyne

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Hoochie mama wanna-bling - November 30 2006
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2006, 11:51:05 pm »

But how do you reconcile the Burger King Universe into this cosmolgy? And what of the Burger King Kids Club Kids? Marvel vs Dc?

I justify this post 'cause the BK King has Bling, just like the topic at hand. Also Ray likes fast food. Try to tell me different, I dares ya.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Hoochie mama wanna-bling - November 30 2006
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2006, 12:54:33 am »

I was always baffled at the sheer number of characters in the BK Kids Club compared to the almost-nonexistent use of them in advertising. Was there some massive BK Kids Club mythos I just never encountered, or did they make way more characters than strictly necessary?
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up