Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sweet revenge  (Read 3259 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
sweet revenge
« on: September 22, 2003, 08:32:30 pm »

Now that we've got Lyle and Phillipe doin' their thang,' let's talk about our own merry pranking.  I've always love little pranks, and recent life events have me seeking a fun way to get revenge on a young man who moved into my apartment BEFORE I moved out because he was friends with my landlord's room.  He then got my phone number and began calling me and harrassing me to hand over the keys to MY apartment even though I'd paid the rent and has a lease until the end of the month.  I know where he lives - obviously, and was thinking of egging his windows or something basic like that, but that seems a little amatureish, and I'd like to be a little more creative

suggestions?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
sweet revenge
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2003, 08:34:36 pm »

I think what you need here isn't so much a prank as it is the threat of a lawsuit.

But then, I hate practical "jokes" as a general rule, so I'm probably not the one to ask.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
sweet revenge
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2003, 08:59:18 pm »

Certainly I think what you're after is more an evil scheme rather than a practical joke, which are by definition (as far as I'm concerned) just a bit lame.
Evil schemes however are by their very nature, truly evil, and make you cackle when carried out.
I used to be great at evil schemes, but alas, I've become a much more morally driven man recently, and haven't had to carry one out in a long time. I'll have a think.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
sweet revenge
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2003, 08:59:37 pm »

I have a copy of The Amazing Jonathan's Every Trick in the Book which is awesome, but they generally require access to the person's house or them coming to you.

It's too bad you can't get in there to arrange the old Jolly-Rancher-in-the-shower-head gag. That one owns.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
sweet revenge
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2003, 09:01:44 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Certainly I think what you're after is more an evil scheme rather than a practical joke, which are by definition (as far as I'm concerned) just a bit lame.
Evil schemes however are by their very nature, truly evil, and make you cackle when carried out.
I used to be great at evil schemes, but alas, I've become a much more morally driven man recently, and haven't had to carry one out in a long time. I'll have a think.


Watch yourself with the cackling. Haven't you ever read the Evil Overlord List? Pay attention to #20
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
sweet revenge
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2003, 09:47:48 pm »

If you haven't returned the keys yet, copy them NOW. That will give you some time, especially if you pretend to make nice with the guy - he'll be less in a hurry to change them.

One favorite of mine (this works well on squeamish, 'girly-girl' types of either gender) is to go to the pet store and buy about 5 dozen crickets of the type they sell for feeding lizards. In the dead of night you put the open ends of the bags under the crack of the door and roll the closed end up til they are all loose in the apartment.

Hilarity ensues.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
sweet revenge
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2003, 11:13:10 pm »

Buy any book by George Hayduke.  Carry out any of the "getting even" schemes in the book.

It's best not to post to a public forum like this one about them though.

In fact, to truly get your revenge you have to pretty much NEVER TELL ANYONE that you did what you did.  I know it will be hard to resist the satisfaction of telling the story, but of course then you will go to prison.  I'd rather not tell a story than tell it while I was being gang-violated.

YMMV.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
sweet revenge
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2003, 04:25:45 am »

Whatever you do, don't try the "shaving cream in a paper grocery bag" prank. It's a backfire prank: the pranker becomes the prankee. After you slide the end of a grocery bag full of shaving cream under a door and stomp on it, your shoe punctures the bag and it and your calf end up covered in shaving cream, none of which penetrates the intended prankee's portal.

I speak, sadly, from experience.



Twice. *sniff*
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

V-Adore

  • Guest
sweet revenge
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2003, 05:16:54 am »

I associate pranking almost entirely with the extremely dumb high-school years, honestly, where people were happy and proud to do stuff like bring bait spray into English class, spray it, and give some kid an asthma attack.

To be fair, though, there was one good prank-like thing in those sordid four years: the Zoology classmate of mine who smuggled a giraffe out of one day's dissection and threw it at her enemy on the staircase. This was primarily beautiful for forcing our teacher to announce that there would be no more dissections because "somebody threw a giraffe down the STAIRS" (emphasis his), but hey, dead-giraffe-throwing.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
sweet revenge
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2003, 08:03:06 am »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"

I speak, sadly, from experience.


And you didn't think to use a plastic bag?
Deary deary me!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
sweet revenge
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2003, 04:00:02 pm »

Quote from: "sjlimmer"
I think what you need here isn't so much a prank as it is the threat of a lawsuit.


We actually threatend legal action againts the realty company that managed our building - it took nearly three months and my boyfriend repeatedly missing work for us to get back around $180, inspite of the fact we were due way more.

Quote from: "alohadog
One favorite of mine (this works well on squeamish, 'girly-girl' types of either gender) is to go to the pet store and buy about 5 dozen crickets of the type they sell for feeding lizards. In the dead of night you put the open ends of the bags under the crack of the door and roll the closed end up til they are all loose in the apartment.


I suppose the most alarming part is when I walked into my apartment and saw a poster for an Elvis impersonator on my wall and a huge pile of furniture that wasn't mine in my living room.  It was like in a nightmare where you're in a familiar place but you're suddenly lost and don't know where you are.

Anyhoo - the crickets thing sound fun - I'm not looking to do anything really nasty - mostly something my guy and I can laugh about, like the garden gnomb that recently came into our lives thru questionable means.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1]   Go Up