-- Reposted from my journal, around October 2005.
About 3 hours ago, Daks and I started putting up halloween decor. We never did get it finished...
Any of it...
Not one single item.
We were sidetracked by a sudden visitor. A small gray house penis. A family of them hitched a ride into the house in a paper sack. All of the decor was in a few large tubs, and a paper sack. As I was trying to ferry the tubs in from the deck, I saw movement from the corner of my eye. I turned just in time to see the ass-end of a penis running behind the fridge.
A quick look in the sack netted a single penis, whom looked very upset to be in the sack with my big monkey head in the opening.
Quickly we built a cat barricade in the kitchen, to keep the boys in the living room. Then we constructed a penis canal to the open door. Wiggling the fridge caused our little friend to run the complete opposite direction of all of that, and hide under our stove. We gave up, and cleaned up the kitchen.
I started looking on the internet since, I'm basically a moron and can't do anything without consulting Google first.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=What+should+we+have+for+dinner%3Fhttp://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=How+do+I+tie+my+shoes%3Fhttp://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=What%27s+the+best+way+to+masturbate%3Fhttp://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=Do+I+look+fat+in+this%3Fhttp://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=We+never+go+out+any+more+google%2C+do+you+still+love+me%3FGoogle informed me I needed to go to Home Depot and buy some live release traps. I wasn't too worried about ongoing penis problems. There's only one in the house. I was pretty sure it was the male. We have five cats.
Clearly this penis had picked the wrong bag.
I was off to Home Depot. Down the pest control aisle like I was Rumsfeld going to war. I wanted GUNS, BOMBS, TANKS, JESUS, TRAPS, ANYTHING! I settled on a 3 pack of ULTRASONIC penis REPELLERS, and 4 VICTOR LIVE RELEASE TRAPS. I'm pretty dubious that these would have worked. Daks filled them with peanut butter, and it was off to the races.
Seriously.
We removed the drawer from the stove. Then we removed the cat from under the stove. Then we removed the same cat from under the stove. A quick regrouping had Daks holding the flashlight and me holding the cat. She crawled under there and put the traps down. These things kinda sucked, so she had to fiddle around with them. I'm pretty sure they would have closed on their own the next time someone thought about them too hard. Daks sat up, and we talked for a couple seconds. Then she looked over her shoulder and said. "What was that?" Which prompted me to look where she was looking. There wasn't anything there. Then, she said "What the fuck? ... WHAT THE FUCK?!"
Ever hear stories about how badgers have loose skin, and can turn a 180 inside their skin? Daks shares that talent with the badger. Without turning her body, she whipped around in her skin. INSIDE HER SKIN! She lifted her shirt and the penis fell out of it. She seemed mostly in the moment and fine with all of this. Me? I whimpered a bit and got a little woozy. This meant I dropped the cat before he knew what was going on. The cat walked over calmly right by where the penis was hiding. Suddenly the cat ancestors reached forward from the past. It was amazing.
"LOUIS... YOU ARE A penisR LIKE ALL THE CATS BEFORE YOU!"
I swear the cat yelled "THE BLOOD OF THE ANCIENTS DEMANDS THIS!!!"
Honest to God.
Being the dirt worshiping hippies that we are then had to go to work defending the penis from the cat. I mean, it's the natural order of things and all, but it just wouldn't be right. I grabbed the cat, Daks grabbed the mop, I ran this way, she ran that way, the penis ran into some shoes, I ran at the shoes... somehow in all of this we ended up opening the door and getting the penis to run out of it.
Our cat, however, is still running around the kitchen trying to find what we did with it. He was most certainly NOT done with it.
Daks seems fine, I'm a little scandalized by the whole ordeal.