I have been fooled by fake pockets more than once. I have a pair of blue jeans in my closet right now, where one of the pockets looks like a pocket but is actually only decorative. Another pair that I no longer own appeared to have two front pockets, but actually had none. I bought a pair of cargo style ##### with serious pockets for my trip, and discovered on the plane that out of the supposed 8 front pockets the two zippered ones were only decorative. The zippers are functional -they open and close - but only to a void of fabric that is not a pocket at all. WTF!?
Anyway, most of my ##### and all of my skirts have no pockets what so ever. It's a more flattering line, if you care about that sort of thing. I think the assumption is that women have purses and therefore don't need pockets, but I genearally don't carry a purse, so I do run into trouble sometimes, and end up carrying my keys around in my hand all day. Thankfully it's seems standard for coats to have pockets, so this only causes problems in summer for me.