Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you know about Indiana?  (Read 4578 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: What do you know about Indiana?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 08:59:09 pm »

Just be glad I didn't mention Kokomo.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: What do you know about Indiana?
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2006, 09:14:39 pm »

You know what always gets earworms out of my head? The first big town number from the Music Man: "Iowa Stubborn." I sing it the whole way through, and by the time I finish I become so embarrassed at remembering all the lyrics and harmonies that my subconscious forms a barrier through which no music may pass.

Or, Groove Salad from soma.fm.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: What do you know about Indiana?
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2006, 09:32:32 pm »

You know what always gets earworms out of my head? The first big town number from the Music Man: "Iowa Stubborn." I sing it the whole way through, and by the time I finish I become so embarrassed at remembering all the lyrics and harmonies that my subconscious forms a barrier through which no music may pass.

Or, Groove Salad from soma.fm.

I hear those people can stand nose-to-nose for a week at a time and never see eye to eye.

The SO and I will maliciously mention "Food, glorious food" to drive each other slowly insane.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: What do you know about Indiana?
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2006, 06:54:10 am »


Because racism only exists in the South?

Not hardly. Indiana is a top KKK state to this day. Southern Ohio is pretty bad too.

I've driven across Indiana E to W and N to S...I can honestly say that I think living there is not on my top 50 choices of places to live.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: What do you know about Indiana?
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2006, 07:20:27 am »

Indiana is not on my list of top 50 states in which to live.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: What do you know about Indiana?
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2006, 04:15:07 am »

I love the Music Man, and have seen the play and the film many times.  Just love it. 

However, Gary Indiana is a scary fuck*ng place now.  I had to stab a dude in the eye just to escape.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: What do you know about Indiana?
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2007, 04:42:33 am »

I'm sure I want to reply to this thread that has not been posted in for at least 120 days.

(first time I ever saw that warning....good one)

So, having driven from Cleveland to Chicago about 100 times I can tell you that, at night, Gary Indiana looks EXACTLY like Mordor.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What do you know about Indiana?
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2007, 06:01:52 am »

Is Gary the steady ex gf to your current so Hawaii?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: What do you know about Indiana?
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2007, 09:12:33 am »

Actually, living in Chicago, Gary's the skanky chick across the tracks - she's hot, and scary, and you know 1) you'd enjoy your time with her, 2) you could never tell your homies, and 3) you'd best go to the clinic <before> the burning urination starts.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What do you know about Indiana?
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2007, 08:19:46 pm »

My kind of gal.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: What do you know about Indiana?
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2007, 12:02:02 am »

Actually, living in Chicago, Gary's the skanky chick across the tracks - she's hot, and scary, and you know 1) you'd enjoy your time with her, 2) you could never tell your homies, and 3) you'd best go to the clinic <before> the burning urination starts.

I'm going to Chicago in October to see the White Stripes.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What do you know about Indiana?
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2007, 02:18:58 am »

What do I know about Indiana?

It wants me,  but I can't go back there.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: What do you know about Indiana?
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2007, 07:00:36 am »

I'm going to Chicago in October to see the White Stripes.

LUCKYYYYY!! </napoleon dynamite voice>
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What do you know about Indiana?
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2007, 09:49:41 am »

I think it was totally awesome of Edward Scissorhands that when he found a frozen cavewoman and took pity on her inability to live amoungst the sapiens, he started a rock band so she could "play" drums in it. He is such a nice guy to let her do that.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: What do you know about Indiana?
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2007, 10:15:21 am »

What do I know about Indiana?

It wants me,  but I can't go back there.

I wish I had you.....

to talk to.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up