Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogs: December 2006  (Read 10683 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs: December 2006
« on: December 08, 2006, 01:51:24 pm »

http://raysmuckles.blogspot.com/2006/12/smallest-party-ever.html

Ray owns earbuds? Usually he avoids such low class trappings. I can only assume that these were the first ones ever created or are gold plated or something. Or perhaps the classic red and blue earbuds that came with Gameboys.
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Blogs: December 2006
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 06:32:30 pm »

Yeah, I would have assumed Ray owns a pair of sleek, $1200 Bose over-ear headphones. The man can catch you off guard sometimes.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Blogs: December 2006
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 06:40:13 pm »

goddamn. this makes me miss my old headphones. they were hell of retro looking, and I had had them since I was in 6th grade.

they broke because they were extremely well made, with the exclusion of this one joint that was like a 2 mm thick piece of plastic. which snapped.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs: December 2006
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 11:04:57 pm »

Fuck old school headphones.  My in ear heapphones are the best damn headphones i've ever known.  I've never had any $1200 dollar headphones, but for $50 these are like 10 times more awesome than the $60 pair of old school phones I used to own.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Blogs: December 2006
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 11:22:34 pm »

yeah, I mean, earbuds are kind of known as being way better in 90% of ways. Be serious. I just liked those ones because they made my ears hot, and were huge, and I used to play my guitar through them. You can't do that so well with earbuds (shorter cable? they fall out if you "rock out?")
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs: December 2006
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 12:57:08 am »

yeah, I mean, earbuds are kind of known as being way better in 90% of ways. Be serious. I just liked those ones because they made my ears hot, and were huge, and I used to play my guitar through them. You can't do that so well with earbuds (shorter cable? they fall out if you "rock out?")

in-ear > regular headphones > concetrating on headphone jack > pencils > earbuds
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs: December 2006
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 01:34:43 am »

Ok, I get ya Cort.  Yeah, earbuds suck the most.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Blogs: December 2006
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 01:43:42 am »

that's weird.

I was just looking at the cover of this album.

and then you mentioned pencils. You know, haha.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Blogs: December 2006
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006, 08:59:19 am »

I have a pair of $40 Sony in-ear headphones. They've served me great. The only real drawback is the occasional need to clean my earwax out of them. Can't really blame Sony for my waxy ears, though, can I?


Or can I?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Blogs: December 2006
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 10:12:17 pm »

Ray probably just had the earbuds laying around from some purchase where the earbuds came gratis and... he didn't throw them out because he thought he'd give them to Beef or a young child in Africa who can afford an iPod but not headphones (these sorts of people exist in Ray's head) and... y'know... he promptly forgot about having saved them.

Only when he was looking to throw his one-man "no one appreciates my opulence" pity party did he find the earbuds and consider them a perfect piece in his "one-minute of without".
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Blogs: December 2006
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2006, 08:42:34 pm »

man, I am worried about Phillipe and who he is going to use this PDF to talk to.

also: I really enjoyed the thing about Phillipe being put to bed by the baby. Um, how did I miss that?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs: December 2006
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 09:08:54 pm »

man, I am worried about Phillipe and who he is going to use this PDF to talk to.

also: I really enjoyed the thing about Phillipe being put to bed by the baby. Um, how did I miss that?

I blame Blogger's chronically out of date RSS feed for that. It still doesn't show Philippe's newest entry as existing at all.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Blogs: December 2006
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2006, 05:29:31 pm »

Nice Pete should talk to my friend, who once admitted in a DT class that he thought plastic grew on trees. That is the kind of plastic a man can understand.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs: December 2006
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2006, 09:52:37 am »

Molly's new blog just backs up my view that Molly's blog is the best.  Her second paragraph is amazing:

     Ran into Lyle when I was picking up a little thingie of Jägermeister for Beef (he loves to drink an airplane bottle of Jäger and spout his mouth off to the 'Tech Corner' of the local evening news). Lyle's Christmas plans? Apparently he's got some new band with the supremely discomforting Nice Pete, and they'd forgotten about Christmas. At the realization of an upcoming holiday, Lyle brightened and placed his bottle of Old Postman back on the shelf in favor of Jack Daniels.     

( http://mollysanders.blogspot.com/2006/12/achewood-list-december-19-2006.html )

« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 11:31:28 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Two_Scoops

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5
  • A Sojurn into Destiny
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs: December 2006
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2006, 11:25:54 am »

Oh Pat, the classes with Arthur seem for naught, your intense road rage may be the end for you. But seriously, some rough language coupled with some equally rough chuckles makes for a delectable entry from Pat.
"YOUR C*NT IS REAL ESTATE AND ITALIANS THROW FOOD AT YOUR MIND!", does that have some sort of hidden meaning, is it some new colloquial expression floating around in the mean streets of Pat's mind, or is it just the most offensive thing Pat could think of at the time? The more I read it the more I can see the tiny furious wheels in Pat's mind. First he attacks her most sacred feminine area, a logical move, and what better way than to imply that sums of money are being exchanged for the deed to your hoochie-coochie. Second he attacks her mind, clearly he also expresses his low opinion of Italian cuisine. Pat may see Italian cuisine as base due to it's "ubiquity" (e.g. Chef Boyardee), hence he implies that her mind also exhibits promiscuity in that it accepts anything that's thrown at it, even things which many might consider low-class.
Damn, that was some intense thinkin', must be from trying to induce lucid dreaming.
http://journeyintoreason.blogspot.com/
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up