Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: 8 Dec 2006 - People in Africa Still Listen to Tapes!  (Read 11264 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 8 Dec 2006 - People in Africa Still Listen to Tapes!
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2006, 12:49:44 am »

oof. Yeah, I also have a test in that class tomorrow. (Latin)

But yeah, i just found out that I basically wasted all of yesterday. Apparently I need to turn in an "organized" outline of the book along with my paper, which means I need to re-do the outline I did yesterday.

Luckily the paper itself is just a summarization and review of this book. So, it shouldn't be that bad (?)

The good news is, tomorrow is my last day of classes. And then I have 3 days of nothing, then my Arabic exam, then 4 or 5 days of nothing, then my film exam.
And then I get to go home. It sounds soon, but it's in 10 days.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

kellichou

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 90
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Dec 2006 - People in Africa Still Listen to Tapes!
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2006, 01:52:19 am »

That's because you're not drinking the right sort of beer.  Why dontcha try some Belgian framboise beer?  That might convince you that beer can be delicious.  Then move on to stuff like German rauchbier (smoked barley! mmm!).

man. this reminds me of when I was little, and my dad gave me a sip of beer.

It tasted horrible. he explained that it was an "acquired taste."
I took this to mean it would somehow taste different when I was older. But, no. It still tastes like shit. wtf.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Dec 2006 - People in Africa Still Listen to Tapes!
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2006, 06:11:29 am »

I'm ashamed to admit that I made up an interview for a paper required for a class in my major. The assignment required an interview, and I made it up as I made up the paper.

Even worse, I got a 93.

My degree's a shambles. *sob*
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Dec 2006 - People in Africa Still Listen to Tapes!
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2006, 06:19:48 am »

I did something similar to that, only I not only made up the interview, I made up the entire person.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Dec 2006 - People in Africa Still Listen to Tapes!
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2006, 06:36:59 am »

Interview + Person: check.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 8 Dec 2006 - People in Africa Still Listen to Tapes!
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2006, 08:49:37 am »

let's be honest, people. What I am doing right now is probably a hunts' move.

but drinking anything out of a shot-glass is just hell of satisfying.

although I'm pretty sure drinking hell of caffeine/energy shit is basically the opposite of what they are designed for, it sure as hell works pretty well. 1 shot is basically the perfect amount of anything to drink at one time.

5000 mg of "energy blend" (l-carnitine, glucose, caffeine, guarana, inositol, glucoronolactone, maltodextrin) is probably a lot to drink at once, right?
2000 mg of Taurine?

You'd think they could put something into it so it wouldn't be the color of... something a mad scientist would give to you.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: 8 Dec 2006 - People in Africa Still Listen to Tapes!
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2006, 02:42:33 pm »

5000 mg of "energy blend" (l-carnitine, glucose, caffeine, guarana, inositol, glucoronolactone, maltodextrin) is probably a lot to drink at once, right?
2000 mg of Taurine?

Eh... well I wouldn't reccomend someone with severe high blood pressure or diabetes mellitus taking all of it, but a healthy adult should be alright.

l-carnitine (mineral/vitamin), glucose (sugar), caffeine (mild stimulant), guarana (unpurified caffiene), inositol (vitamin), glucoronolactone (sugar), maltodextrin (sugar)

5000mg is 5 grams.  A gram is basically 1 mL of water.  An ounce is about 30 mL.  So you can think of the volume of this being only about 1/6 of an ounce.  Probably the size of a big vitamin tablet.

2 g Taurine, another parent of caffiene.  Should be fine with them as long as you don't get addicted and drink a full one every single day.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Dec 2006 - People in Africa Still Listen to Tapes!
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2006, 08:42:22 pm »

That's because you're not drinking the right sort of beer.  Why dontcha try some Belgian framboise beer?  That might convince you that beer can be delicious.  Then move on to stuff like German rauchbier (smoked barley! mmm!).

I have previously in a thread made a response to almost this exact statement. The short form is "you know, sometimes it's possible to just not like something that other people like".

It's like telling me I'm only heterosexual because I haven't found the right guy to bone yet. (Or, conversely, telling a gay guy he just hasn't found the right woman yet, which is apparently more socially unacceptable than the straight-guy version.)

"The Right Beer" for some people would be something that does not taste like beer. Not even like good beer.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Dec 2006 - People in Africa Still Listen to Tapes!
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2006, 08:51:56 pm »

I was savaged here once for suggesting that no one likes the taste of beer.  Savaged I say.  People drink beer because it's a cheap way to get drunk.  I say that people who drink beer for the taste are in serious denial.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: 8 Dec 2006 - People in Africa Still Listen to Tapes!
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2006, 09:13:04 pm »

The problem here is the definition of the word "like" or, more completely, the word "good."  If "good" means "subjectively pleasurable" then Paul deserves his savaging.  However, if "good" means "The Good," as in Plato's World of Forms, then this subject is open to further debate.
Logged
ACHIEVE

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Dec 2006 - People in Africa Still Listen to Tapes!
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2006, 09:20:50 pm »

I think it is touching that everyone is so concerned that the beer-haters have tragically never been exposed to truly good beer. They just want to make sure you have had the Real Thing before you give up, at least.  I suppose I would feel the same way if you told me you didn't like chocolate. 

I have had lots of very high quality beer, often sitting not six feet from the place it was made.  I can appreciate that some of it is good and some of it is bad, and I have preferences among different types.  My palate has been quite highly educated.  However, I still never want to drink a whole glass of the stuff.  But at least I know for sure it's not that I am missing something.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Dec 2006 - People in Africa Still Listen to Tapes!
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2006, 10:09:52 pm »

I like the taste of beer.  Good beer and bad beer. I think I'll buy some on the way home.

I don't care if you drink it or not.  I won't give you shit about drinking bad beer or not drinking good beer.  Unless you're KeithHernandez, because I've made it my personal mission to fuck with him.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Dec 2006 - People in Africa Still Listen to Tapes!
« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2006, 11:31:16 pm »

I like the taste of beer.  Good beer and bad beer. I think I'll buy some on the way home.

I don't care if you drink it or not.  I won't give you shit about drinking bad beer or not drinking good beer.  Unless you're KeithHernandez, because I've made it my personal mission to fuck with him.

Doubleplus agreement for cholesterol man.

Just 'cause I keep some '96 Orfina white reisling on the rack doesn't mean I can't belly up to a case of Miller now and then.

Que sera fuck*ng sera motherbitches
Logged
We must repeat!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 8 Dec 2006 - People in Africa Still Listen to Tapes!
« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2006, 11:57:02 pm »

Almost-holiday spirit! good cheer! awww! *hugs all around*
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Dec 2006 - People in Africa Still Listen to Tapes!
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2006, 01:16:57 am »

Hey, I like good beer and bad beer too.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up