Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: 8 Dec 2006 - People in Africa Still Listen to Tapes!  (Read 11229 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Dec 2006 - People in Africa Still Listen to Tapes!
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2006, 03:19:07 am »

Hey, I like good beer and bad beer too.

That changes nothing.  NOTHING!!!


Mwahahahahaha!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Dec 2006 - People in Africa Still Listen to Tapes!
« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2006, 06:10:17 am »

..and every so often, I enjoy a Krystal Burger. Yanks, that's nothing as good as a White Castle, mind you. Krystal is not just bad, it's horrific. Still, every once in a while, a Saturday for lunch after getting plastered on Friday; maybe a Tuesday lunch if the week isn't looking good... it's just what the doctor ordered.



Of course, I don't let cheap beer touch my lips. That's a completely different situation.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Dec 2006 - People in Africa Still Listen to Tapes!
« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2006, 07:17:07 am »

My state has liqour laws that prevent liqour stores from being open on sun and after 9.  Usually Saturday night resulted in all of the liqour in the house being cleaned out.  It is not something that I want to do, but sometimes cheap beer is the only way.  Although recently I am starting to like it.  No shame in a nice Miller High Life every once in a while.

Edit:  Also, convenience and grocery stores are only allowed to sell 3.2 beer.  Lame.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Dec 2006 - People in Africa Still Listen to Tapes!
« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2006, 07:32:00 am »

True story. First, some context: Here in Georgia we have, perhaps famously, "Blue Laws" that prevent alcohol from being sold at retail outlets on Sundays. Entertainment establishments, though, such as theaters* and restaurants, are allowed to sell alcohol, with no difference from a Friday, after twelve noon.

The missus tells me one day that the state legislature is fast-tracking a repeal of the Blue Laws, which would enable liquor stores to be open and grocery stores to sell beer on Sundays. A friend, involved in politics, asks me like a week later to tell me what she's been told I know about the Blue Laws. I reply that I heard about the legislature working to repeal them. My wife says, "See?" and I announce that she's the one who told me. She then announces that she heard the same thing from the friend who's asking me about it. It's a little rumor triangle!

Hey, I said it was true, not that it was good.

*theater (n): a location which hosts the presentation of works of fiction or documentary.
theatre (n): the art of presenting works of fiction or documentary.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: 8 Dec 2006 - People in Africa Still Listen to Tapes!
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2006, 06:57:18 pm »

So over here you got NYC and you got Long Island, and two boroughs (counties) on LI are part of the city and two counties are not the city.  In the city, liquor stores only have to close before a certain time on Sunday and beer is sold anywhere, all week, 24 hours.  On Long Island, 12:01AM Saturday night, 7-11 bolts down the beer fridge with a metal cage.  That's high quality bullshit, if you ask me.  Ruined a few nights out on the Island on the times I've saddled up and headed out there.

But no huge deal, you can always compensate by vandalizing.
Logged
ACHIEVE

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 8 Dec 2006 - People in Africa Still Listen to Tapes!
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2006, 09:35:03 pm »

Well, fair enough but from what I've seen of Long Island...

Either you're in the part of Long Island where you're close enough to jump over into Queens to get yourself some beer pretty quickly or... you're in the part of Long Island where it takes a long time to get to Queens to get some beer but in that part of Long Island, you have servants to do that sort of thing.

So it's a winny-winny chicken-dinny kind of thing.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Dec 2006 - People in Africa Still Listen to Tapes!
« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2006, 10:54:15 am »

Heh, I have a bottleshop that's open till 11pm 7 days a week less than 100 metres from my back door.  It's good being a country descended from criminal scum instead of puritans.

I might go buy some beer right now.

EDIT: I did!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 11:01:42 am by oball »
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up