yeah, um, this reminds me of a band I saw last friday. This guy, who seems very nice but my friends refer to him as "zombie boy" (long hair which is always unbrushed, sticking out at all angles. blank expression. scary deep voice. lust for brains), was the singer/bass player. They played a kind of fucked-up country, with twangy dissonant guitars, a I-IV-V-on-the-nose bassline, and weird drums. He sang, and his voice was the voice of Nice Pete. he seemed to be trying to sing nicely, but his voice was so ugly, and the topics of the songs were so scary... it was basically awesome, but kind of scary. Also that afterwards this girl who I had a (harmless, shhh, it was harmless and now it is SO GONE) crush on was all up ons with him.
needless to say I am planning on asking to play guitar for them when the guitarist leaves (he is going abroad next semester.)
edit: I just remembered, he actually cut off all of his hair over thanksgiving break. it is now about as short as mine (1") and very tousled. I am not sure how we can have the same length of hair with opposite effects in terms of neatness. hm. maybe he cut his with scissors and it is uneven.