Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men  (Read 8651 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2006, 09:10:28 am »

You'll have to get another of them "Monster" cans and go to bed early tommorow.  Unless your paper is due at like two.

Edit: I got your can too.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2006, 09:15:41 am »

yeah, at this point I am planning on staying up until the point where I can call my girlfriend and say "good morning." Probably after that, too. Oh well, this is my last day of classes, so...

and yeah, it's due at 11 AM. Realistically, I need to be done by 9:30 AM, because I have to go to Arabic in order to learn what will be on the exam.

Probably I will start writing shit and give up before that point, though. I'm real good at that (by which I mean, using my survival instinct which tells me that papers are not important, and that I'm tired goddamnit.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2006, 11:13:48 am »

Ok, stop: "I would like to form a band with you, if you don't mind...". My, I can totally relate to those raised eyebrows in the last panel...
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2006, 11:23:13 am »

that is totally how I will ask people to be in my band.

it's better than my current strategy of saying "ok, we're playing next, right?" after a band finishes at a show.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2006, 03:38:58 pm »

This strip... It occurs to me that it is a little scary that Onstad is so good at writing Nice Pete.


no offense to those people, if they actually like the beatles and I am making assumptions. (WOMBY!))

I don't like the Beatles. I'm the one who likes Bruce Springsteen. (Don't want people to start getting the characters confused.)
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2006, 04:33:20 pm »

Facial expressions first seen here.

Music made by Lyle and Nice Pete is bound to be the aural equivalent of MisterQueue.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2006, 05:17:31 pm »

I dearly hope this is the start of a story arc, not merely a one-off.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2006, 05:24:19 pm »

Music made by Lyle and Nice Pete is bound to be the aural equivalent of MisterQueue.

!
Logged
We must repeat!

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2006, 05:32:33 pm »

This strip... It occurs to me that it is a little scary that Onstad is so good at writing Nice Pete.

Nah, it's pretty easy, I think.  Just think of last possible thing you would want to hear from a weird dude and add a touch of sincerity.

"I made you a pot pie.  I would like you to taste it, I spent alot of time on this project."
Logged
ACHIEVE

DanSC

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 79
    • View Profile
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2006, 07:16:58 pm »

Lyle is SO stressed out that he has to play in this band with Nice Pete.


Anyone else think they might end up sounding a bit like The Birthday Party?
Logged
"If you can't have fun playin' with a toy truck, then it's time to reevaluate your life."

benwo

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2006, 07:59:16 pm »

I registered to point out that Nice Pete and Lyle are basically going to record a Jandek album.
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2006, 08:11:22 pm »

I registered to point out that Nice Pete and Lyle are basically going to record a Jandek album.

I had no idea who that was until I read the Wikipedia entry. I am now frightened and confused.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2006, 08:51:08 pm »

Of course Lyle would own a Rickenbacker bass. There's no other way this could be.

Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2006, 08:56:57 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2006, 09:02:27 pm »

Dang Paul, now you'll have to connect pictures A and B with a coherent storyline. Please.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up