Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men  (Read 8677 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2006, 01:10:04 am »

last time, he said that God didn't want him to have that guitar.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2006, 01:19:05 am »

That is incredibly sad.  I almost cried.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2006, 02:16:28 am »

That is a mighty guitar, P. I feel for your loss.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2006, 03:19:34 am »

Looks like it was sploded by a car.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2006, 05:27:25 am »

Looks like it was sploded by a car.

Yes August, it was definnitely 'sploded by a car.  I'm just grateful that I didn't get my neck broken, but the kid walked away without a scratch.  Actually I did get a scratch on my elbow, but I think I did that crawling from the wreckage.

last time, he said that God didn't want him to have that guitar.

I may have been feeling a little maudlin at the time.  However, I have actually had two of those guitars, that was the first one.  The second one was stolen.  So you know, whatever, as much as I love those guitars I don't seem to be able to hang on to them.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2006, 05:53:53 am »

I'm just grateful that I didn't get my neck broken, but the kid walked away without a scratch.

Well, that's the important thing, innit?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2006, 06:11:53 am »

The Kid, or just some kid?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2006, 06:30:44 am »

A tiny can of consolation to you, sir.

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2006, 04:00:47 pm »

I think in this case he is the kid.

Quit confusing the masses Paul Mac!
Logged
We must repeat!

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2006, 09:42:40 pm »

I'm not as anti-Going-Third-Person as most people... Rickey Henderson, for example, is quite entertaining when refering to himself as Rickey... but I do think that if you're gonna go third person, one's gotta be obvious about it or at least capitalize.

If Rickey Henderson, for example, is called "The Muffin" by his wife but no one knows it, it is only going to confuse us if he says "look, The Muffin don't gotta retire, The Muffin still has it, The Muffin's gonna go play semi-pro-ball in North Dakota and The Muffin's gonna prove y'all wrong."

Let alone if he types it out as "the muffin's gonna DH for the Fargo Ploughshares"...

The capitalization would definitely ameliorate the issue.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2006, 04:54:34 am »

Well, it's only in the caption to his avatar pane, so I can see how y'all missed it ::)
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2006, 05:43:35 am »

Ya'll just got bitch-slapped by a n00b.  The shame of it.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2006, 05:47:35 am »

Quote from: jough
Ya'll just got bitch-slapped by a n00b.  The shame of it.

Eh. I got to reference Rickey Henderson going third-person extensively.

I can consider that my reward, in this life or the next.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2006, 06:10:52 am »

I totally took a can away from myself right now in penance.





Okay, I didn't, but that's just because the link to do so isn't there.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 11 Dec 2006 - Good music, played well by men
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2006, 06:18:29 am »

Ya'll just got bitch-slapped by a n00b.  The shame of it.

Gee Jough, we sure have missed your caustic ass presence.

No, seriously...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up