I average about once a month, but I haven't been going much lately. I am going to see a new movie tonight, something about a plane crash with a football team, it doesn't look all that interesting, but I get these free passes sometimes. I love going to the movie theater. I need to get back into the swing of going to the MFA where they regularly show classic movies in their beautiful theater. Only drawback to that place is no popcorn. Eating popcorn and watching a movie is so ingrained for me that I feel slightly uncomfortable not having popcorn when I watch. Where I live I am in close proximity to every movie choice. First run mainstream fare, two theaters nearby, one with an i-max, for arthouse movies, there is the Rice Theater which is real close, the MFA and the local University show a mix of foreign films and classics (and some of that boring stuff Wombat was talking about like the Iranian Film Festival), ive even got a theater nearby that shows super low budget arthouse fare (although i've not been there yet). So I really should be going to the movies like everyday.
~Paul