Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NBA Blogs  (Read 2698 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
NBA Blogs
« on: December 12, 2006, 04:57:33 pm »

Glibert Arenas has a blog, and if you know anything about basketball, it is that Gilbert Arenas is off his fuck*ng rocker.  Some things he has done recently include:

In the Greater Washington area "Gilbertology" is the name given to his often bizarre behavior on and off the court, first coined by Wizards head coach Eddie Jordan. While with the Warriors, he once took a shower at half time in full uniform [4]. Before every game he would take a teammate's jersey and hide it in the locker room to make them look for it. Also, Arenas can often be seen playing online poker during half-time of games[2], instead of resting or preparing for the second half. Gilbert Arenas disputes the accuracy of the story, saying he was misquoted. Arenas says he does not play for money nor does he play online; instead, he plays on a DVD game of poker.

At the end of each game, regardless of whether it at home or on the road, Arenas takes off his jersey and tosses it to the crowd. He originally tossed his shoes into the crowd, explaining that jerseys were too expensive for him to pay for every game. After he signed a lucrative new deal with Washington, he began to throw his jerseys out. Gilbert agreed to become a team captain for the 2005-06 season after declining the previous year because he said that many times he didn't even believe the things he was saying to his teammates. He has recently been given the nickname "The Black President", and calls himself the "East Coast Assassin", in reference to his quest to prove his abilities to those who did not vote for him to be a 2006 Eastern All Star reserve.

In October 2006, an ESPN.com story stated that Arenas was converting his Washington, D.C. home to simulate high-altitude conditions, stating that he hoped the arrangement would help him have more energy, especially late in games.[5]

At the Wizards' first home game on November 4, during the introductions, Arenas came out wearing a blue robe with a hood, looking like a boxer. He was supposed to resemble a "wizard."

During the 2006 NBA season, he began to shout the word hibachi as he took field goal attempts in games, explaining, "You know, a hibachi grill gets real hot. That's what my shot's like, so I've been calling it that: 'Welcome to the hibachi'."[6]

from wikipedia


Anyways, his blog is here:  http://www.nba.com/blog/gilbert_arenas.html
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Blogs
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 05:32:04 pm »

Every time I hear his name on the radio I miss hear it and think it's the name of where the last game was. This sometimes happens like 3 times a week because his name comes up a lot during sports on the 15's.
Logged

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Blogs
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 05:59:43 pm »

Kinda sounds like he's off his rocker in a good, or at least not actively harmful, way. I recognize the guy as a 'name player' but don't know much more 'cause he's way outta my market.

I kinda like dudes like that, they got flavour.

HIBACHI!
Logged
We must repeat!

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Blogs
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 06:01:37 pm »

Oh yeah, he is totally of his rocker in the I can rout for that guy/ makes the game fun type way.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: NBA Blogs
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 07:04:32 pm »

It should be mandatory that every player in pro sports should have a blog.


Man, I would post some hateful comments for Tom Brady.  Hey Ivan Rodriguez, how about you fill your mouth up with some of these balls?



Hey AJ Pierzinski, you are the man!

(Did you hear AJP is wrestling David Eckstein in TNA on Spike TV this Thursday?)
Logged
ACHIEVE

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Blogs
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 07:10:07 pm »

The Eck is gutty but AJ is nasty-stylze.

I predict the match ends in a submission hold called FEAR THE RAIN that involves tobacco spit and an open mouth.
Logged
We must repeat!

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Blogs
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 07:19:13 pm »

Hey AJ Pierzinski, you are the man!

(Did you hear AJP is wrestling David Eckstein in TNA on Spike TV this Thursday?)

He already has an X-Division title. And apparently he challenged John Cena to a fight.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: NBA Blogs
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 10:01:36 pm »

The Eck is gutty but AJ is nasty-stylze.

The most excellent blog Fire Joe Morgan is dedicated to pointing out the inane, easily disproved things said by baseball commentators, both on TV and in print.  Since the World Series, they've been cataloging the praise of David Eckstein, how he's "gritty" and has heart and all that shit.  It's been fuckin' rampant. 
Their contest on "What's Eckstein's height and weight?" was particularly amusing.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: NBA Blogs
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 10:34:16 pm »

man, I don't know anything about sports, and I found the David Eckstein height/weight contest hi-larious.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Blogs
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2006, 10:36:15 pm »

Quote from: Funniest Thing I Read All Day
What does it matter beacause HE HAS GRIT IN HIS DNA

Funny take on it, but if FJM was on the ball this shit wouldv'e started in '02.

NOTE: I have the challenge match ending with something Eck would never do, despite his pluck, grit, guts or overcoming of genetic programming quotient.

ALSO: Guys like Eck are boring little #####s. Give me an Arenas or Pierzinski any day.

HIBACHI FLAVOUR!

(that's tough to stop)
Logged
We must repeat!

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: NBA Blogs
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2006, 04:39:04 pm »

I think I had a dream last night where I was arguing with someone about FreeDarko. Why this is, I cannot begin to understand. I haven't read that blog in weeks. It's just too much for me. I think I dreamt that the FreeDarko guy moved his site to CNN.com, so my argument was that he was a sellout. I have no idea who I was arguing with.

People, I had a dream about a blog.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: NBA Blogs
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 11:53:45 pm »

http://deadspin.com/sports/gilbert-arenas/deshawn-stevenson-doesnt-care-about-his-money-233771.php

Video of a shooting contest for $20,000 between Arenas, who is shooting one handed from the college three point line, and DeShawn Stevenson, shooting two handed from the NBA line.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: [1]   Go Up