PS: I know who the Jains were (are? any Jains out there?), but what in the name of Zoroaster is a "sky-clad Jain"? The phrase almost makes me want to found a sect.[/size]
Sky-clad means Nekkid, but I think the Jain connection is an Onstad original.
"Divisions among Jains
There are two groups of Jains:
The Digambaras (literally "sky clad" or naked): Their monks carry asceticism to the point of rejecting even clothing (even when they appear in public).
The Shvetambaras (literally "white clad"): their monks wear simple white robes. The laity are permitted to wear clothes of any color. "
from
http://www.religioustolerance.orgFrom my study of eastern reliqions at university I know that the most extreme form of (sky clad) Digambaras Jains go so far in avoiding taking life that they wear masks over their mouths to avoid inhaling and accidentaly taking the lives of small insects and use brooms to gently sweep the ground in front of them to avoid stepping on insects. A Fundamental Jainists' ultimate desire is to avoid taking any life including plants and bacterial life. This includes carfully straining water and eventual starvation. This, again is a very extreme form of Jainism, where it is honorable to fast oneself to death and a symbol of ultimate non-violence and non-clinging to the material word aka total asceticism. As far as I understand it only the most extreme Jain Monks go this far.
Because this is the least funny post ever I now include the word "poo" just for fun.