Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 13 Dec 2006 - TAAASTE ... HELLLLL! TASTE HELL, YOU LIARS!  (Read 3852 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
13 Dec 2006 - TAAASTE ... HELLLLL! TASTE HELL, YOU LIARS!
« on: December 12, 2006, 09:26:57 pm »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12132006

So, uh. I guess my prediction of a Beatles-sounding band fell short of the mark. Good music played well by men, indeed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 13 Dec 2006 - TAAASTE ... HELLLLL! TASTE HELL, YOU LIARS!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 09:30:55 pm »

I'd've gone with "I'ma think out loud here" as the title but... we're definitely splitting hairs.

Am I the only person who couldn't get into "Lord of the Rings" at all?

Couldn't even get through the books, books that are 80% exposition and universe-building tend to interest me very little... and the movies were pretty to look at but such long rambling slow paced things that I almost fell asleep.

And I don't fall asleep during a movie easily. The only movie that has ever put me to sleep was "Annie Hall"... but, man, did "Fellowship of the Ring" come close.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 13 Dec 2006 - TAAASTE ... HELLLLL! TASTE HELL, YOU LIARS!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 09:34:18 pm »

UH, I hate Lord of the Rings also.  Good strip though.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: 13 Dec 2006 - TAAASTE ... HELLLLL! TASTE HELL, YOU LIARS!
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 09:36:20 pm »

I read the books back in... 8th grade or so? But I didn't start with the trilogy. I read the Hobbit first, which is like dipping your toes into a hot tub. It's a good way to get hooked on the series. After that it's pretty easy.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 13 Dec 2006 - TAAASTE ... HELLLLL! TASTE HELL, YOU LIARS!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 09:38:13 pm »

Wow, so not what I would expect of a good song like a man would play at a concert.  But no way I'm going to argue with Nice Pete.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 13 Dec 2006 - TAAASTE ... HELLLLL! TASTE HELL, YOU LIARS!
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 09:48:53 pm »

UH, I hate Lord of the Rings also.  Good strip though.

I'm watching you.

You too, Inev.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 13 Dec 2006 - TAAASTE ... HELLLLL! TASTE HELL, YOU LIARS!
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 09:54:07 pm »

what did I do?

I mean, I don't get LOTR either... but mostly because I always decide to read it when I'm on some long trip. And then I fall asleep, or lose the book, or something like that.

also... I'm pretty sure today is the 12th.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 13 Dec 2006 - TAAASTE ... HELLLLL! TASTE HELL, YOU LIARS!
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 09:55:39 pm »

I meant LFM.  But I'll be watching you too.  Why not?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 13 Dec 2006 - TAAASTE ... HELLLLL! TASTE HELL, YOU LIARS!
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 09:55:52 pm »

Wow, the Acheverse appears to have just skipped a day.

Anyway, I approve of Mister Band being the next Rhapsody. Now they just need a hero to write songs about, ala DAAAAAAAARGOOOR OF THE SHADOWLAAAANDS.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: 13 Dec 2006 - TAAASTE ... HELLLLL! TASTE HELL, YOU LIARS!
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2006, 10:01:37 pm »

Assuming Lyle is playing in the key of F, I've got to submit my congratulations. That repeated B note is PERFECT for the elves and dwarfs type thing. Seriously everyone, try it.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: 13 Dec 2006 - TAAASTE ... HELLLLL! TASTE HELL, YOU LIARS!
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2006, 10:06:15 pm »

also... I'm pretty sure today is the 12th.

That may be true, but in the alternate dimension where Chris Onstad lives, today is the 13th.

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 13 Dec 2006 - TAAASTE ... HELLLLL! TASTE HELL, YOU LIARS!
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2006, 10:07:08 pm »

Wow, when "strip returns wednesday," showed up, I thought for sure I had missed getting a birthday strip this year again.  But no, somehow it shows up in the afternoon.  Coincidentally, I actually just woke up, due to completely crazy time schedule shenanigans going down today, so it almost is like tomorrow already, while still being today.

I love those lyrics.  That is excellent.

Now, I've got to go prepare to take a final.
Logged
~

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: 13 Dec 2006 - TAAASTE ... HELLLLL! TASTE HELL, YOU LIARS!
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2006, 10:09:10 pm »

Here, take this good luck can of Dr. Pepper with you to your final. I hope it serves you well.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: 13 Dec 2006 - TAAASTE ... HELLLLL! TASTE HELL, YOU LIARS!
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2006, 10:40:51 pm »

Suddenly Nice Pete started to sound like Nick Cave in my head. I mean, if you just swap all the Bible references in Cave's lyrics with Tolkien lore.

As to the Lord of the Rings connection, Onstad probably thought of it after looking at Paul's kid picture from yesterday. Just check the poster in the background.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: 13 Dec 2006 - TAAASTE ... HELLLLL! TASTE HELL, YOU LIARS!
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2006, 12:30:26 am »

Queensryche - Child of Fire.
Logged
ACHIEVE
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up