Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rustmouth Chafings (Dec. 14, 2006)  (Read 5282 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: Rustmouth Chafings (Dec. 14, 2006)
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2006, 03:38:54 pm »

Behold the miracle; that which was ever unfunny and unentertaining... becomes funny and entertaining:

http://www.joshreads.com/ (warning: You will either totally not get it or waste untold hours here. There appears to be no middle ground)

Also, say what you will about Blondie, but she's got the most awe-inspiring rack on the entire comics page.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Rustmouth Chafings (Dec. 14, 2006)
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2006, 04:12:53 pm »

The link, man, give them the link!
http://dfc.furr.org/archive/1.html

I...I just assumed everybody knew the DFC.  I mean, that's like... wow.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Rustmouth Chafings (Dec. 14, 2006)
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2006, 05:39:00 pm »

In the Telegraph I found what was possibly the worst comic ever committed to paper in the entire universe. Here's a rundown of that day's "Fred Bassett (hound)"

I say that Mallard Fillmore is worse and not just because I disagree with the politics. The art never has the slightest thing to do with the strip. It'll be 3 panels of Mallard in front of random buildings holding a briefcase and talking aloud about Clinton. It's actually a step down from a large pig with "TAX CUTS" written on it.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Rustmouth Chafings (Dec. 14, 2006)
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2006, 11:59:40 pm »

Point A:

Blondie does have a great rack. I did not state that as I assumed it was presumed in any discussion of Blondie.

Point B:

This "Joshreads" reminds me... does anyone else remember Mallard Fillmore being, like, almost politically opposite to the current lockstep Military-Religious-Complex Conservative stand it takes these days? I could swear I remember it being, early in its run, pretty much Democratic in its slant? Like, not necessarily, "liberal" but sort of... existing ideologically square in the more socially conservative part of the Democratic mainstream?

Or am I crazy?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Rustmouth Chafings (Dec. 14, 2006)
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2006, 12:58:30 am »

Behold the miracle; that which was ever unfunny and unentertaining... becomes funny and entertaining:

http://www.joshreads.com/ (warning: You will either totally not get it or waste untold hours here. There appears to be no middle ground)

So I went to this site, and it was indeed funny and entertaining, and I wasted untold hours there. And it got me thinking, yes, snarky comments about stupid things are almost endlessly amusing, but reading other people's snark is the least productive thing one can possibly do. And then I wondered, what if the information-based economy isn't the end-point of a country's economic development? What if we progress to a snark-based economy? Is this how everyone will spend their lives in the future? Will we all make a living by selling each other cafepress.com t-shirts?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Rustmouth Chafings (Dec. 14, 2006)
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2006, 01:12:05 am »

yeah.

I'm not gonna lie, one of my friends is already making extra cash this way. the rest will soon follow, I predict.

Does anyone really need a "Jesus is my Homo" t-shirt with a picture of an effeminate Jesus holding a purse? Why does someone need that?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Rustmouth Chafings (Dec. 14, 2006)
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2006, 01:14:07 am »

What if we progress to a snark-based economy? Is this how everyone will spend their lives in the future? Will we all make a living by selling each other cafepress.com t-shirts?

I hope you're correct.  It's better than what I fear, which is that our entire economy is going to come to a grinding halt because everyone is doing nothing but looking at other people's pictures on Flickr.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Rustmouth Chafings (Dec. 14, 2006)
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2006, 01:24:10 am »

huh. see, unless I know the person, i can rarely find anything I like on Flickr. weird.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Rustmouth Chafings (Dec. 14, 2006)
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2006, 12:42:02 pm »

This "Joshreads" reminds me... does anyone else remember Mallard Fillmore being, like, almost politically opposite to the current lockstep Military-Religious-Complex Conservative stand it takes these days? I could swear I remember it being, early in its run, pretty much Democratic in its slant? Like, not necessarily, "liberal" but sort of... existing ideologically square in the more socially conservative part of the Democratic mainstream?

Or am I crazy?

I'm going with "You crazy" on this one.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up