See, being a theatre person, I've encountered a few of groups of the "we all fuck each other" ilk. Certainly the door was open to me, but there's always that one person, the he-slut or she-slut that makes you think, "Wow, so that's how diseases get spread!" and made me not want to be involved. Mostly it is just one guy in my case, who is always fuck*ng everyone. Indeed, I have been friends with the most man-slutty of men in our theatre community for years, and it has occurred quite a few years ago that I had been in a room with him and around 11 other women friends where I was the only one who hadn't slept with him at some point. It is an icky feeling. I couldn't help but think of them as all being... soiled. Then I thought of the web of the man-slut, these women, their boyfriends, these boyfriend's previous girlfriends... It's one degree of separation between this guy's cock and most of the theatre artists in my age range.
I'll never forget the day where he and I were rehearsing a scene alone together in a room where he was packing a suitcase in the scene, and as he was folding clothes he had brought from home, and a condom flew out of a pocket and landed at my feet. It was one of the more extremely socially awkward moments when I pointed out the condom at my feet. To this day I'm still unclear as to weather he dropped it A) intentionally as part of the sexually charged scene, B) to make a really weird sort of pass at me, or C) accidentally because every pocket he has needs a condom in it. Looking back, it was probably more of a "D) all of the above" sort of thing.
Years later, when the fact of this guy's sluttery was undeniably established, a very intelligent friend of mine found herself to be the object of this guy's attention, which horrified both of us at the start. She told me he used the line "I want to rape you." We both laughed at this one really hard. Is that... is that a line that people use? I'm so confused as to how his awkward and stupid attempts work. I think it must be some mathematical equation of "girls' poor self esteem issues" + "incessant and awkward flattery" = "sex for man slut." After all, none of the girls ever raved about his skills, and he is only moderately attractive.... Anyway, my friend started having a moth to flame type attraction to him anyway, and I begged her, begged her to not let him get to her. I really didn't want to put her in the same category of the cum soaked masses. Touched by an angel? No. Touched by a man slut's sperm. To this day I still don't know if she gave in or not. I'm sure she'd be too humiliated to tell me if she did, and I truly don't want to know.