Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: What up miggroids$$$$  (Read 3073 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

SMEAR

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
What up miggroids$$$$
« on: December 19, 2006, 10:29:29 am »

I've never registered for a message board in my life.. I'm kind of excited
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What up miggroids$$$$
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 11:25:57 am »

I don't believe you.  You're a liar.  Play fuck*ng loud.  Once apon a time...
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: What up miggroids$$$$
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 02:31:07 pm »

Hello Smear, welcome to the board.  What incited you to join?  Was it my hot type skillz?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

SMEAR

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Re: What up miggroids$$$$
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 06:14:02 am »

I am a liar :(
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What up miggroids$$$$
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 06:46:10 am »

Your topic line intrigues me, especially for a first post.

Upon parsing it, I wonder... why was this your first subject line?

The lack of conventional punctuation and, yet, ending in four dollar signs with no later reference to money... and yet the first word IS capitalized. The ungrammatical slang of "what up"... what are we suggesting here? A slangy hipness? A street credibility?

But the final word is definitely the true mystery... I can only reckon it out to be a combination of the corrupted versions of two hate-words, one a hate-word for African-Americans, the other a hate-word for the mentally disabled... all mushed together and topped off by four dollar signs.

What could this word possibly mean? How could the use of this be viewed as anything other than a disrespect to the other posters or... at the very best... a sadly-laughable use of half-evolved neo-hate-speech without knowing what it actually is?

I sit back and ponder how this would be a positive introduction to a community.

We're left to either believe that you either hold the community in open contempt, insulting them from the fore or... believe that you are so sloppy in your use of language and grammar that significant engagement may not be possible.

It makes me ponder, is all.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

SMEAR

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Re: What up miggroids$$$$
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 08:39:58 am »

littlefallsmets, are you serious? I thought you guys were hardcore achewood fans?

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11232004

I lifted it straight from a text chat Ray has with Teodor. I meant no offense and I'd hate to get off on the wrong foot.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: What up miggroids$$$$
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 09:47:16 am »

He got confused because Ray's only had 3 $'s.  Annyhow, he may or may not have recognized that (uh, I would guess not), but he was probably not being too serious.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: What up miggroids$$$$
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 02:02:40 pm »

lfm, your post was lovely, however, I must point out that I think you just got burned by a noob.  Well done Smear.

Anyway, welcome again Smear.  Since most new folks seem to start a thread to introduce themselves, so I invite you to use this thread to let us know a little more about you in an entertaining manner.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: What up miggroids$$$$
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 02:03:09 pm »

A classic strip that I had basically forgotten about.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: What up miggroids$$$$
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 08:14:00 pm »

It's a different world ever since Michael Richard's attack on November 11th.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: What up miggroids$$$$
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 08:24:50 pm »

There's a life skills lesson in this thread for ever fuck*ng one of y'all, and me included.

Eveybody thank LFM for the reminder.
Logged
We must repeat!

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: What up miggroids$$$$
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 01:53:28 am »

It's a different world ever since Michael Richard's attack on November 11th.

11/11 - I wish I could forget.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What up miggroids$$$$
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 05:06:27 am »

wtf is wrong with you people? I feel like I am missing out on a joke.

also: what two words is "miggroid" a combination of? Every time I think I have it, I realize that.... an N is not an M?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: What up miggroids$$$$
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2006, 05:25:31 am »

1) A Russian fighter plane

and

2) An Asteroid

Think about it.
Logged

Alternate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 141
  • the dinosaurs died for your sins
    • View Profile
Re: What up miggroids$$$$
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 12:08:06 pm »

The second word is "mongoloid," and it's okay that an N is not an M because the words are attached sandwich style. 
Logged
Science fun fact:  Did you know that sharks are the awesomest of all animals?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up