Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Urban Dead Thread  (Read 25097 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Urban Dead Thread
« on: December 22, 2006, 11:04:15 pm »

Pedro just convinced me to sign up for an Urban Dead account. 

http://www.urbandead.com/

Web-based Zombie MMORPG. 

Does anybody here already play?  I'm looking for a group to join, preferably of the living.  I'm in Mornington at the moment. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 11:46:27 pm »

Judy Costello has joined.

If a TOUAMB group or whatever is set up, I'm more than game.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 02:45:40 am »

Judy, what suburb are you in? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 03:56:26 am »

Logged
We must repeat!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 04:27:47 am »

Yes, thanks for pointing out that people who aren't me discussed something vaguely similar last month. 

Although I'm sort of surprised you didn't point this thread too.  But then, I guess that was before your time. 

Now, for the people who might be actually interested in Urban Dead, which has not been discussed previously on this board (as I discovered when I ran a search before starting a new topic, as any responsible person would) -- shall we continue? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 05:00:55 am »

linnea78's in. I decided to stay true to my medic roots and chose "Doctor" instead of "Firefighter".
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2006, 07:26:33 am »

Yes, thanks for pointing out that people who aren't me discussed something vaguely similar last month. 

Although I'm sort of surprised you didn't point this thread too.  But then, I guess that was before your time. 

Now, for the people who might be actually interested in Urban Dead, which has not been discussed previously on this board (as I discovered when I ran a search before starting a new topic, as any responsible person would) -- shall we continue? 
+can for bringing the strong sack. it's man time and you got to come real.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2006, 08:43:16 am »

I'm Ben Tucker in-game, although I only play sporadically these days. Recently I completed a long winding circuit around the city and returned to my starting point of Caiger Mall to find it infested with zombies. This is a disappointment (I left after Caiger had been holding out for several weeks) and if anyone's looking for an exciting time in Malton, the Caiger Mall area (Chudleyton and Darvall Heights) will offer it.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2006, 10:09:59 am »

my name is "David London," as that was the best I could come up with at the time. I know that a City is not the same as a Last Name. I am a medic, because medics are awesome. I will try to get to where you are, but... how? I am in "Penny Heights."

Also, I am going to die before morning, because I ran out of action points before I got to a building. D'oh!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2006, 10:15:33 am »

Penny Heights is basically at the opposite corner of the city from Chudleyton. There is a map at http://redrum.soul-fantasy.net/map.php if you want to figure your way around.

Don't worry too much about dying, because this is a game about zombiepocalypse. Just stand up and start shambling around and looking for people to chew on until someone revives you. Many people have made a habit of going to cemetaries and reviving zombies found there, so if you see a cemetary with a large number of zombies milling about and perhaps going "mrh?" every so often, it might be such a place.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2006, 12:16:07 pm »

I started a new account as Elvis Waits in Penny Heights because I couldn't be bothered to wait for a revive.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2006, 05:31:19 pm »

Earletown-- mr. J Roberts, Medic. I have 10 XP!

I just read a thing on the Wiki saying that medics are impossible to level up. awesome.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2006, 05:44:26 pm »

Lady Elanor is dead.  Pedro is part of the Josephine's Generals, HQ'd in Wykeville, so I'm going to seek a revive there.  Let's set a meeting point and find an existing group to connect with until we build up our resources.  I nominate Marven Mall in South Blytheville as a meeting point -- S. Blytheville is a human stronghold and has a number of groups working together to keep the burb safe for the living.  It's also sort of the midpoint between where everyone is right now -- I realize that it might take those who have been zombie'd a few days to get to us but I'll spend the meantime talking with the JG and trying to secure some revive kits and other supplies. 

If you haven't already, check out the Uniform Barricading Policy and the Sacred Ground Policy, both of which are voluntary policies which many groups (including JG) support.  It's helpful to know these rules when looking for shelter or a revive in unfamiliar territory, Pedro tells me. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2006, 07:18:16 pm »

Nooooo! Stop playing games instead of posting on the messageboard!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2006, 09:24:24 pm »

It's OK, Wommie -- We only get 50 moves a day -- which takes about ten or fifteen minutes to get through.  That's about three lines worth of text at the rate I go...

Besides, if I'm checking in here to see where my zombie pals are, I'm sure to stick around long enough to read the other posts, right? 

Or you could join us. 

come play with us, wombat...for ever and ever and ever...
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up