Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Urban Dead Thread  (Read 25186 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2006, 12:48:48 am »

Yes, thanks for pointing out that people who aren't me discussed something vaguely similar last month.

And those same people would get the intended humour in the repetition of theme. It's not all 'bout your harmony, lady.

Quote from: JLD
Although I'm sort of surprised you didn't point this thread too.  But then, I guess that was before your time.

Wrong. I've been here as log as you and predated you on the d-boards. As long as we're whipping out and comparing time-dicks, that is.

Quote from: JLD
Now, for the people who might be actually interested in Urban Dead, which has not been discussed previously on this board (as I discovered when I ran a search before starting a new topic, as any responsible person would) -- shall we continue? 

Of course you should, but I'd hardly suspect you of the type to get the panties bunched over a gentle mocking of this board memberships enjoyment of nerdly pastimes. Shit, that's been a standard trope since day One.

Go play with your zobmies, Den Mother (ret.)
Logged
We must repeat!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2006, 01:16:36 am »

Dude, don't do this. 

JLDunston join date 7/31/03

Sub-topical join date 10/31/06.

Were you somebody else before?

Shit, it's snarking on a got-dang message board.  Get over it people.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2006, 01:16:56 am »

Whoa! I believe it was our lord Jesus who once said, "Don't be a dick."

Seriously though, I know that this is all pretend people on the intarwub, but I really hate flaming.  Have some class and decency, people.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2006, 02:42:58 am »

Tis the season not to be a dick on the internet.  Now go eat some brains and play nice, zombies.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2006, 02:54:14 am »

I think SubTop was on DB back when we all were. 

He's still a fuck*ng n00b here, though.  A n00b who doesn't know his place.

And who doesn't send care packages when he said he was going to.  I'm just saying.

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2006, 06:22:47 am »

Watch it, El Guapo or that sawbuck will lose a fin.

As to the rest of ya', thanks for confiming my worst suspicions. I'll be going the vapor trail for a while, me thinks.

Happy whatever you celebrate, y'all.
Logged
We must repeat!

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2006, 06:41:23 am »

I have no idea what this page of the thread is about.

I heard there is a game about zombies that may appeal to people who like cartoon cats, anyone heard about this?
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2006, 07:59:57 am »

A word of advice to the kids at home:

Even if you're a trained medic, don't try to give yourself an IV at home, even if you're really sick and need one bad.

There was a lot of blood, I didn't get the damned hep lock on in time. I managed to pull the entire cath out and just applied direct pressure. No 500cc bag of delicious saline for me. :( Dammit, Somebody nice!

It's a good thing I'm in a barricaded building, because otherwise the scent of all that blood would've drawn the zombies in like moths to the flame. I'm going to drink a litre of water with vitamin c and electrolytes in it,and then I'm going to bed.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2006, 04:36:23 pm »

I keep dying every time I'm out of move points.

Anyway, I'm Schwuan Coxswain on there.  Come revive me!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2006, 05:21:53 pm »

[some stuff]

So, maybe I overreacted.  It had been a long few days, I was tired, and I admit I probably took your "gentle chiding" too seriously.  Apparently, however, I was not the only one who viewed your comments as less than polite. 

But in the interest of promoting peace and harmony, let's call it a tragic case of miscommunication and move on. 

Now -- back to our regularly scheduled zombie hordes.  I'm still dead, but I've put in a revive request at this site.  Don't know how long I'm gong to have to wait.  Once I get back to life, though, I'll try to get some resources together and revive anyone I can. 

Let me know when you get near our meeting point. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2006, 09:11:38 pm »

JL, I should be able to get down there and revive you sometime tomorrow if you're not already revived by then.

As far as the "dying every time you run out of AP" thing goes, the main advice I can give is to never sleep in the streets. Find somewhere that's Very Strongly barricaded to hide out in, ideally - any amount of barricading is better than nothing, although "heavy" and "extremely heavy" barricades can't be passed without Free Running. (For this reason, you want the Free Running skill very quickly.)

Incidentally, if you get killed, even if you don't want to play as a zombie you might as well take a few swipes at other zombies while you're waiting to be revived. You get a few experience points (although not many) and if you get killed again by someone annoyed with it, the worst that will happen is that you have to stand up again.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2006, 05:03:49 am »

I've been revived, and I'm holed up in the McDonald Motel for the night.  Tomorrow I'll try to get some supplies -- I have a gun but no ammo, and we'll need first aid kits.  How's everyone else doing? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2006, 06:29:37 am »

slowly working my way south. I have a cell phone, 2 clips of ammo (plus the 6 slugs in my pistol), a pistol, a newspaper, wirecutters. two first-aid kits.

I need to start only playing once a day, and using all 50 moves at once. using a few to venture out of a building, grab some stuff, and then scamper back = no use.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2006, 06:40:15 am »

my idea of a zombie game

plus i'm still playing cybernations, and one long-form game is plenty for me especially during the holidays
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2006, 06:50:40 am »

I'm presently in the Anning Building at 19, 57 on the map. I've got a pile of first aid kits and a couple of revival syringes, plus a dead tree. On the down side, apparently during my last Big Rambling Wander I somehow lost all my guns, so I'm only packing a fire axe - if I can find a police station or a human-controlled mall I can fix that right quick.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up