Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Urban Dead Thread  (Read 25163 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2006, 12:24:58 pm »

Quote from: wombat
Wait a minute, in this game, zombies can turn back into live people?

Not being much of a video game person, I wonder how this happens.

Is it by killing the head zombie? Not being much of a video game person, I just have to apply vampire rules and hope for the best.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2006, 12:57:54 am »

Wait a minute, in this game, zombies can turn back into live people?  That's so cheating, everyone knows that's not how it works in real life.

A zombie can be returned to life by use of a revival syringe, which is a fairly considerable investment of resources on another player's part. A survivor can be turned into a zombie in all kinds of interesting and straightforward ways - even if you're not killed by a zombie, anyone who dies in the city is infected by the virus.

Assuming no new incoming players, it is possible for the zombies to "win" by killing everyone capable of operating revival technology - even if you want to stop being a zombie, you need the help of a living NecroTech operator to be revived. On the other hand, any survivor who wishes to become a zombie will find his ticket as close as the nearest tall building.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2006, 06:27:59 pm »

I am in "A Factory" on the lower left of Greentowne-- just east of the Mall in South Blytheville.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2006, 07:04:32 pm »

correction: I am dead, yo. Straight-up Dead. I started getting low on AP, so I walked to a row of buildings-- they were all abandoned. I died in the road like a dog.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2006, 05:46:31 pm »

I can't personally revive you, not having those skillz yet, but there is a revive point near you in Lockettside.  It's closer than the cemetary in Greentowne. 

I'm in the Gotch Plaza PD.  We've been under seige by a couple of high-level zeds over the past few days, and I've been trying to heal people, find pistol clips, and occasionally take a swipe at a zombie.  I think the threat is under control now but the building was over-barricaded for about a day earlier.  It's back down to very strong now, and the generator is running again. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 05:53:50 pm by jldunston »
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2006, 09:37:00 pm »

I can revive. Shamble on over to somewhere near-ish the mall and tell me where you are, and I'll come with the nanotechnological goodness.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2006, 07:42:04 am »

I just found a shotgun! 

*does the shotgun dance*
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2006, 09:31:07 am »

Quote from: jldunston
*does the shotgun dance*

What does that... look like?

Got like one of those... charts with shoe-prints that lays out the steps?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2006, 08:33:44 pm »

It's kind of like a jig, but while holding a shotgun aloft with both hands. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2007, 05:03:57 am »

I got into that about a month after it kicked off. I've got six guys just standing at various parts of the map, camped out on some 5000 exp apiece. I thought we had gone over all this before - I guess not.

I look into it every couple months or so, just to make trouble for folks who don't expect to see me pop up in their block(because you disappear if you go idle for five days).
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2007, 07:13:18 pm »

It appears I've made an enemy. 

Situation: Player enters the police station where I am sleeping.  Player destroys generator, takes a swipe at a few high-level players, and jets.  I add him to my contacts and code him red so I know him as a possible PKer should I encounter him again. 

When I log back in the next day, I go over to a nearby hospital to pick up some FAKs, and Player is there with two others.  I am almost out of AP so I warn them that Player destroyed a generator at the PD and then go back to my safehouse. 

Today, Player comes back to the PD, attacks me once, and leaves a semi-threatening, poorly spelled message.  Then he jets again. 

So, my question is, who's the jerk?  Me or him?  Did I violate some sort of unspoken code or is he just pissed that I blew his cover before he could destroy the hospital's generator?  (I went back over and the hospital is fine.)  I feel like this guy is after me now but I guess he could have killed me in my sleep if he really wanted to. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2007, 08:26:25 pm »

man. zombie-spy, straight up.

I have too many people, now. And they're limiting how many moves I can make with all of them combined... or something. A bunch of them are dead, so I might just leave them dead forever and focus on the ones who are doing better-- ie: soldiers.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2007, 09:07:35 pm »

Yeah, you're limited in the number of hits you can make on the main server per day.  I have an alt named HawkeyePearce in Yagoton, but I'm focusing on LE.  She's only 28 points away from gaining free running. 

Edit: Eleanor got Free Running this morning.  She's in Marven Mall, looting. 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 04:18:01 pm by jldunston »
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2007, 10:10:27 pm »

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/3791/confirmzt7.jpg

does the game look like that to y'all? Because... it doesn't to me. Huh.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2007, 01:32:44 am »

Yeah, mine doesn't look like that either, inev.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up