Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Urban Dead Thread  (Read 25132 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2007, 02:48:18 am »

Hm. 

I showed that screenshot to Pedro and he tells me there's a Firefox plugin that will do that, and it's really useful. 

Here's the link: http://udtoolbar.mozdev.org/

I think I'ma try that. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2007, 04:40:26 am »

Not compatible with FireFox 2.0.0.1.

Ah well.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2007, 06:13:53 am »

damn.

so. let's say that I have wayyyy too many alternates, because I kept getting pissed off when they died and just making new guys. And I have to pick between them, to whittle it down to 2.

do I go with the guy with tons of ammo, a shotgun, and an extra pistol... or do I go for the guy who is completely free of ammo, but has 50 xp? I am keeping one of my medics, I just have to pick which one.


answer: I am now playing only with J Roberts and Silke Sen (I am sorry, it is the name of a real person. She interviewed me at Wash U, and was quite pretty. I found her business card when I was cleaning some stuff up in my room, and liked the name.) Silke is a soldier, J is a medic. Silke has two pistols and a shotgun, and is basically kicking ass+taking names. Should I get free running first, or some further development of Shooting-type thing?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 07:11:25 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2007, 04:52:22 pm »

When I talked to Pedro, who is nearly as high-level as Ben-San, he suggested getting Free Running first and combat skills second because free running allows you access to lots of weapons.  Good combat skills aren't worth much if you can't get ammo. 

I have limited myself to one main char. and one alt. because I am easily obsessed and don't want to spend my days strung out on the couch playing UD while my kid eats skittles in his high chair, naked except for a dishtowel that serves as a makeshift diaper. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2007, 09:15:51 pm »

The priority order really depends on your situation. I had the good luck to find myself early on in the vicinity of Crossman Grove Police Department, which at the time was well-defended with a newbie-friendly barricading policy and a healthy local zombie population, so I had access to ammo without the need for Free Running. Being military meant I could advance those skills quickly, and nothing rakes in XP like well-supplied combat skills.

Sadly, two different factions decided to declare themselves the kings of CGPD independently, so I eventually cleared out. Anyway, the point is that if you can get access to ammo without Free Running it can be very worthwhile (particularly for military) to pump up your combat skills first.

Oh, and a footnote for people playing multiple alts: don't play them in the same part of town. More than one active alt from the same IP in the same part of town will apply an invisible penalty to all their attacks.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2007, 07:05:57 pm »

Free Running is basically always the first skill to get. It's so easy to die if you don't. However, in this game it doesn't really matter if you die, so . . .
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2007, 02:21:02 am »

You meet the strangest people in Malton.  I just ran into Mister Queue.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2007, 02:24:59 am »

Did you eat his brains?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2007, 02:59:19 am »

Did you eat his brains?


There are some things that are too sick and twisted even for zombies to eat.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2007, 04:08:23 am »

Did you at least say "hi! We miss you, you big lug!"?

Or... the zombie equivalent?
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2007, 04:08:44 am »

You meet the strangest people in Malton.  I just ran into Mister Queue.

Whoa! Did you tell him that we ain't miss him at all?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2007, 04:56:27 am »

Did you at least say "hi! We miss you, you big lug!"?

Or... the zombie equivalent?

Quote from: linnea
Whoa! Did you tell him that we ain't miss him at all?

Uh, yes I did.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2007, 06:01:10 am »

Uh, yes I did.

Schweet. Just making sure that q doesn't think we all sit here and, like, pine after him or something.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2007, 06:13:19 am »

Schweet. Just making sure that q doesn't think we all sit here and, like, pine after him or something.

You get a can for listening to Gil Evans and Miles Davis.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2007, 11:45:35 pm »

You get a can for listening to Gil Evans and Miles Davis.

Gil Evans and Miles Davis created music together that was so unbelievably good it could make you weep. I fuck*ng love that album so much. A can to you, good sir, for loving le jazz hot.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up