Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Urban Dead Thread  (Read 25164 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2007, 11:09:24 pm »

I have two characters, both at level 2. It is telling me that I used up all 160 hits for the day, despite only using about 20-30 AP each since I woke up. And I wasn't playing last night. Huh.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2007, 01:51:02 am »

I have two characters, both at level 2. It is telling me that I used up all 160 hits for the day, despite only using about 20-30 AP each since I woke up. And I wasn't playing last night. Huh.

Many things use up hits without using AP. Also, if other folks log in on your computer or through your connection, that can hose you. Lastly, there is some arcane deal where you may not be getting a unique IP address or something like that, but I know basically nothing about that stuff.

If you see Nabubrush wandering around Malton, say hi. (Also Tom Paine, Andrew Pelf Jr, Plug, Crelm, or Crunk Garble.)
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Updates
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2007, 04:59:17 am »

So how's everyone doing?  Are you enjoying the game?  Did you get bored?

Currently, I'm in a factory in Ruddlebank stocking up on generators and fuel cans.  I'm working on "Light up the Wyke!", an effort to put a working generator in every building of Wykewood.  Mostly this will involve searching factories for generators and fuel cans and convincing others in my group, Josephine's Generals, to do the same.  Once you hit level 41 (every skill but brain rot), you have to kind of make up your own silly games to keep it fun.  It becomes a game of how many people can you get doing the same thing at the same time.

On that front, I think Acheheads are a sufficiently dedicated group to do some really wacky things in unison.  It would be fun to spray paint dialogue from strips on every block of a neighborhood.  Stuff like that.  Once we have enough people at a high enough level to take care of themselves, we might consider forging our own group.  Meanwhile, I really recommend Wykewood as a safe neighborhood, and Josephine's Generals as a bang up group of warm bodies.

Sounds like a plan.  I (Peter Cropes) am headed your way.

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2007, 07:17:22 pm »

LadyEleanor is already in Wykewood, trying to help save a police department under siege.  She just got advanced pistol training, and is ready to kick some ass. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Updates
« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2007, 01:11:23 am »

Sounds like a plan.  I (Peter Cropes) am headed your way.



OK, I'm in Wykewood.

Now what?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Updates
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2007, 02:12:02 am »

OK, I'm in Wykewood.

Now what?

It might not be a bad idea to have everyone post links to their profile(s) and everyone can add them to their contact list.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2007, 02:22:53 am »

As soon as I'm able to gain enough XP (should be another day or so) I'm going to get the construction skill -- then we can get ourselves a clubhouse, no zeds allowed. 

After that, well, it's anyone's guess. 

PS: I posted a link to my profile in a previous message, but here it is again.  It is a good idea to have people you know in your contacts so you can recognize them in a crowd or a pile of dead bodies. 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 02:27:06 am by jldunston »
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2007, 02:41:11 am »

Nabubrush.
Crelm.
Plug.
Crunk Garble.
Tom Paine.
Andrew Pelf Jr.

My little band - all founding members of the Pink Triangle Defense Force.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2007, 04:50:15 am »

Some douchebag killed me again.  WHY?

http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=742623

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2007, 05:30:25 am »

I kill zombies whenever I can.  It keeps my fire ax from getting rusty.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2007, 06:17:01 am »

Yeah, but I wasn't a zombie at the time... and neither was the dude who MURDERED me for no reason.

WTF?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2007, 06:19:38 am »

J Roberts is dead, and is somewhere in... I think Mornington?

Silke Sen is on her way to Wykewood.
Update, as of 30 seconds later: She is about to be dead, because I couldn't find a place that wasn't Extremely Heavily barricaded.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2007, 06:25:06 am »

Yeah, but I wasn't a zombie at the time... and neither was the dude who MURDERED me for no reason.

WTF?

Don't be surprised by PKing. After you have 41 levels and 5000 exp, there isn't much else to do.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2007, 12:03:37 pm »

A'ight, I'm on my why to Wykewood as Terry Chambers. I have Free Running so should hopefully not die on the way.

http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=750628
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: Urban Dead Thread
« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2007, 07:16:52 pm »

Wow, I haven't played a game like this in ages!  Hooray!  If anyone is interested, I am Irving Snowden.  Dare you choose to recognize the reference? (please say yes)
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up