Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Soulless Christmas  (Read 3444 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: A Soulless Christmas
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2006, 05:01:45 pm »

I know you'll all think I'm crazy, but I swear to god this is the third time I've been told James Brown has died over the past year and a half.  I even have a memory of being sad about it, and reading about it here about a year ago.  And I swear I posted something about getting "up on my good foot" in that thread.  I even had to search the board to make sure I was wrong.  Then I swear I heard about it again on the radio several months later and being all "WTF?  I thought he died a while ago?"  I can't explain it.  I have some sort of deja vu that applies only to the death of James Brown.  When I heard on the radio a couple days ago that he had died, my reaction was "What?  Again?!"  I can only hypothesize that in about 5-6 months I will again be told that James Brown has died.

It's confusing.  Deja groove.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: A Soulless Christmas
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2006, 01:50:48 pm »

My brother was sure he was dead too. I figure I probably would have been but for seeing him on TV a couple of months ago. Not to say he won't again...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: A Soulless Christmas
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2006, 08:40:01 pm »

Quote from: side_show
this is the third time I've been told James Brown has died over the past year and a half.

I have a vivid memory of Nelson Mandela dying in prison and the whole world mourning him and South Africa being catalyzed to change by his memory... all, like, ten-fifteen years ago, when I was a kid. Not a dream, like, weeks of these events.

It has always weirded me out that I have that memory. Was I just way out here or... did timelines fold or... what?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: A Soulless Christmas
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2006, 02:27:31 am »

Looks like the third famous guy to go will be Sadaam.

Also, Mike Tyson got arrested for cocaine possession.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 09:13:15 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up