Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Geostationary Banana Over Texas  (Read 2643 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Geostationary Banana Over Texas
« on: December 29, 2006, 05:53:45 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Geostationary Banana Over Texas
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 06:00:40 am »

That's a most excellent idea.  They'll get no money from me unless they move it to Kentucky.  But it's still HELL of cool.

They say that their proposed budget is $1 million, which, in the grand scheme of things, isn't really very big money these days.  So they have a good chance of pulling it off.  If they do, I'll make a road trip to Texas to see it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Geostationary Banana Over Texas
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 04:05:50 pm »

This will truly be proof that God exists.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Geostationary Banana Over Texas
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 04:56:06 pm »

Wouldn't it be scuppered if a flock of birds flew into it? Or a plane?
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Geostationary Banana Over Texas
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 09:45:00 pm »

If the plan works, I sure hope it attracts giant apes.

Getting to see a giant ape jumping for a geostationary banana would be, like, the only reason to ever go back to Texas.

As we were driving to California, my girlfriend and I both about to pass out from driving exhaustion, we stayed one night in Amarillo and... that was enough for me, thank you very much. She demanded that we try to make it to New Mexico, on principle, but we'd have surely died in the attempt, falling asleep behind the wheel.

I'm told that Austin is the one island of... not a bunch of guys walking around in Yankees hats with guns on their belts as if that is a normal thing but... I ain't chancing it, just to see where "Slacker" was shot. That ain't me.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Geostationary Banana Over Texas
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 10:08:17 pm »

side_show-- wouldn't it -actually- be proof that Humans exist? I mean... God is not making the geostationary banana. We are.

...because God wants us to be Happy.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Geostationary Banana Over Texas
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 10:31:54 pm »

Actually, from what I have seen of Austin (I've been twice), it is guys in yankees hats with guns on their belts who like better music and do better drugs.  Also, some hippies, tramps and motorcycle punks.

And a college and state capital.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Geostationary Banana Over Texas
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 11:06:15 pm »

If the plan works, I sure hope it attracts giant apes.

I think that "likely to attract giant apes" should be a major criterion for art grants. Can you imagine how awesome this could make installation art?
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Geostationary Banana Over Texas
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 11:11:17 pm »

I think that "likely to attract giant apes" should be a major criterion for art grants. Can you imagine how awesome this could make installation art?

Does Bigfoot like bananas? We could be on to something.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Geostationary Banana Over Texas
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 12:25:32 am »

Quote from: V-Adore
I think that "likely to attract giant apes" should be a major criterion for art grants. Can you imagine how awesome this could make installation art?

"Hmmmm, Ms. Adore," said the NEA evaluator, "the board has definitely enjoyed your previous work. The baby bottle made out of exposed safety pin needles? The boombox with pu$$ys for speakers? The animatronic raccoon that sang emo songs was especially awesome."

"Yes," said the rich lady in the monocle seated beside him, "but you've outdone yourself with this proposal for an army of brightly-clad Italians carrying hammers in a field of spinning oak barrels. This will definitely attract giant apes as well as anything since the Gigantic Statue of Tarzan Presenting His Rump that Warhol built in the suburbs of Pittsburgh in '74."

"What we're trying to say, Vee," the NEA man continued, "is how many millions do you need?"
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Geostationary Banana Over Texas
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 01:19:51 am »

"Yes," said the rich lady in the monocle seated beside him, "but you've outdone yourself with this proposal for an army of brightly-clad Italians carrying hammers in a field of spinning oak barrels.

See? See?! Brilliant!

Ah, if only I could make this dream come to pass... time to talk to some art-major friends. (Sadly, I have a friend who would probably do Mario installation art if he could get away with it.)
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up