Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vamos a la Playa  (Read 4169 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Vamos a la Playa
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2007, 06:41:09 pm »

Does this thread get Pixies stuck in anybody else's head? Or is it just me?

It's supposed to be Los Lobos, actually.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Vamos a la Playa
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2007, 07:33:08 pm »

Vamos a jugar por la playa, sir.  I've totally had it in my head each time I've read this thread.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Vamos a la Playa
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2007, 03:15:29 pm »

It just reminds me of seventh grade Spanish class. I remember one girl getting all uppity and angry at the teacher when we had a mini-unit that included vocabulary words related to the beach. "When are we going to ever need this??" Duh, you're learning a foreign language. You're going to have to build a vocabulary sooner or later. Like theinev, I went to school with a lot of spoiled-ass rich kids who treated the teachers like hired help.

I haven't been to the beach in a long time. I've also never been to New Jersey or North Carolina.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Vamos a la Playa
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2007, 06:30:17 pm »

huh. What I have never figured out is that the kids in my school were all spoiled as hell, but were generally respectful to the teachers. The kids who were disrespectful usually did it in a fuck*ng-around way, not a "you are of no use to me, please leave. I -am- paying you." type way.

I am spoiled in a "dad, no, I do not want my brother's hand-me-down North Face jacket. I like the jacket I have." This really bothers him, for some reason.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Vamos a la Playa
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2007, 07:35:35 pm »

I am spoiled in a "dad, no, I do not want my brother's hand-me-down North Face jacket. I like the jacket I have." This really bothers him, for some reason.

I'll start wearing North Face when they stop putting their 18" high logo on everything. I do not need people 100 yards behind me to know the brand of fleece I'm wearing, thankyouverymuch.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Vamos a la Playa
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2007, 07:57:53 pm »

my dad has changed his tactic to get me to take it from "it is way warmer!" to "you are being spoiled. you are making me waste this jacket."

But... I don't really buy that. Considering I already have a jacket which is perfectly wonderful. But let's be honest, I don't think I would wear it anyway. I have a deep hatred of that company. Plus, my friends would make fun of me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Vamos a la Playa
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2007, 09:33:23 pm »

my dad has changed his tactic to get me to take it from "it is way warmer!" to "you are being spoiled. you are making me waste this jacket."

I fought that battle for a long time before deciding to just take the damn stuff after one "Thanks, but I don't need it" instead of repeating myself. I put that stuff in the box destined for the next Salvation Army drop off.

Thanks for the item I will claim as a charitable deduction next April!
Logged
We must repeat!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up