Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PROBLEM: Mint Oreos? goddamnit what the hell fuck ass  (Read 2102 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
PROBLEM: Mint Oreos? goddamnit what the hell fuck ass
« on: January 03, 2007, 03:50:55 am »

So, I ran out to get a snack in between a marathon coding session, and I made a huge mistake.

I decided I wanted something sort of crunchy and delicious. I got Mint Oreos. (Apparently the double "stuf" variety. this comes in later)

This is a mistake I have made before and forgotten about. It's not like Doritos (another mistake I make now and then just to remind myself why I hardly ever eat them) because with Doritos I can usually eat half a bag before starting to realize that eating them is no longer fun.

These things are so sugary they hurt my teeth, and I like ice cream and pie and things like that. I don't eat a lot of cookies or super sugary things but it's not like I avoid sweet stuff either. My teeth hurt and my throat stung from the sugar. At least now I know why 50% of Americans are fatasses and probably 80% are going to have some kind of Diabetes.

GOD DAMNIT. THESE THINGS ARE IN-fuck*ng-EDIBLE. There's also the matter of the "double stuf" making it so that there is double the amount of disgustingly sweet tangy chemical-articial mint flavored goop making them impossible to eat. I've managed to eat maybe six out of a package. The wafers, when twisted away from the side with the goop, are marginally delicious with milk; milk that did NOTHING to make these little mint dingleberries from satans asshole tasty or pleasing.

Why in the hell couldn't I have just gotten tacos?
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: PROBLEM: Mint Oreos? goddamnit what the hell fuck ass
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 04:41:55 am »

The best part about Double Stuff Oreos is, like, eating the lids off two... and combining them.

And then eating the lid off THAT... and combining it with a THIRD...

Basically rinsing and repeating the process until a cookie breaks in a way in which you can't make your stack of Sugar Lard anymore. And then you eat that leaning tower of Sugar Lard. And then you end up fat but OH what a ride along the way.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: PROBLEM: Mint Oreos? goddamnit what the hell fuck ass
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 11:44:40 am »

Trader Joe's had these (seasonal, I think) cookies that were basically store-brand Oreos but with little chunks of peppermint candy suspended in the sugar-creme stuff. Very tasty.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: PROBLEM: Mint Oreos? goddamnit what the hell fuck ass
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 11:58:21 am »

Cookies are real good and there are always so many of them.
Logged
ACHIEVE

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: PROBLEM: Mint Oreos? goddamnit what the hell fuck ass
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 01:53:12 pm »

The best part about Double Stuff Oreos is, like, eating the lids off two... and combining them.

And then eating the lid off THAT... and combining it with a THIRD...

Basically rinsing and repeating the process until a cookie breaks in a way in which you can't make your stack of Sugar Lard anymore. And then you eat that leaning tower of Sugar Lard. And then you end up fat but OH what a ride along the way.

This reminds me of when I was like 6 and I decided that if "everything tastes better on a Ritz" then multiple stacked Ritz crackers must be super-delicious. Sadly life does not work this way and any existing tastyness cancels out.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: PROBLEM: Mint Oreos? goddamnit what the hell fuck ass
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 04:12:58 pm »

This just in: Insulin just won the "Greatest Canadian Invention" compition.

When I was a kid, my absolute favorite cookies were Grasshopper cookies, which were like a 100% better version of the Mint Oreos. They had a violently green icing in the middle, and my sister used to always bug me that it was green because of the ground up grasshoppers in them.  She seriously taunted me to the point where I was anxious that there would be bug bits... But still I loved them, and I wish they were still on the market.  Sigh.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: PROBLEM: Mint Oreos? goddamnit what the hell fuck ass
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 05:30:43 pm »

This just in: Insulin just won the "Greatest Canadian Invention" compition.

When I was a kid, my absolute favorite cookies were Grasshopper cookies, which were like a 100% better version of the Mint Oreos. They had a violently green icing in the middle, and my sister used to always bug me that it was green because of the ground up grasshoppers in them.  She seriously taunted me to the point where I was anxious that there would be bug bits... But still I loved them, and I wish they were still on the market.  Sigh.

IIRC before they stopped selling them Grasshoppers were briefly switched from mint Orees into Thin Mints.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: PROBLEM: Mint Oreos? goddamnit what the hell fuck ass
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 12:34:06 am »

This just in: Insulin just won the "Greatest Canadian Invention" compition.

When I was a kid, my absolute favorite cookies were Grasshopper cookies, which were like a 100% better version of the Mint Oreos. They had a violently green icing in the middle, and my sister used to always bug me that it was green because of the ground up grasshoppers in them.  She seriously taunted me to the point where I was anxious that there would be bug bits... But still I loved them, and I wish they were still on the market.  Sigh.

Oh my gosh! This is so close to my childhood that it's scary. Rock on, Grasshopper Cookies. I pour one out for you.

I think that Oreos are some kind of cruel joke. Why did you guys have to put lard in there. And Crisco isn't any better, judging from all the hype about Trans Fats these days. It is sick and wrong that they taste so delicious with milk. And I'm back on the Hacker's Diet again so I won't be having any more cookies for a long-ass time.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up