Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 04 January 2007 -- Just a High-functioning generalization  (Read 9452 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
04 January 2007 -- Just a High-functioning generalization
« on: January 04, 2007, 03:53:33 am »

Looks like it'll be Teador after all.  I predict that he'll be highly successful as the bassist for Mr. Band.

Total formality.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
4 January 2007 -- "Total Formality."
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 03:53:50 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01042007

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH snap.

Things do not bode well for the bear.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 04 January 2007 -- Just a High-functioning generalization
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 04:16:16 am »

17 seconds is a hell of a long time on the internet, Ace.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Flaaron

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile
Re: 04 January 2007 -- Just a High-functioning generalization
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 04:17:42 am »

What I felt was sympathy for a drawing of a stuffed animal who is normally a badass dude but got checkmarked into womanhood by a serial killer who writes silly songs. In the fifth panel, specifically.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 04 January 2007 -- Just a High-functioning generalization
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 04:26:02 am »

Man, Lyle must've had many screw-ups that we didn't get to see. Now I wonder how else he offended NP.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 04 January 2007 -- Just a High-functioning generalization
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 04:53:08 am »

What I felt was sympathy for a drawing of a stuffed animal who is normally a badass dude but got checkmarked into womanhood by a serial killer who writes silly songs. In the fifth panel, specifically.

A tiny can for your avatar sirrah!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 04 January 2007 -- Just a High-functioning generalization
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 05:02:19 am »

Quote from: AugustWest
17 seconds is a hell of a long time on the internet, Ace.

It's what I get for momentarily considering which day/month/year format is prefered by the plurality.

It's what I get.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 04 January 2007 -- Just a High-functioning generalization
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 06:33:01 am »

Dude, I changed my date stamp twice.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Undertoad

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 34
  • Ye Olde Gifte Shoppe ande Ale Taverne Inne Keepere
    • View Profile
    • the Cellar
Re: 04 January 2007 -- Just a High-functioning generalization
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 03:59:01 pm »

I just gotta say, as a bass player, that I am totally offended by Teodor's attitude. 
Logged
-=My usual hangout: The Cellar
-=My daily image blog: Image of the Day

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: 04 January 2007 -- Just a High-functioning generalization
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 04:18:11 pm »

I just gotta say, as a bass player, that I am totally offended by Teodor's attitude. 

Really? I've played bass for 8 years and totally sympathise with Teodor's attitude.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 04 January 2007 -- Just a High-functioning generalization
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 04:20:51 pm »

Oh man, I love those check marks.  I totally had teachers in grade school who did that.  Usually at the end of the day, all would be erased, but I remember how there were a couple kids that were always in trouble and the teacher totally gave up and stopped erasing their names at the end of the day, and later started accumulating check marks over days and weeks.  Poor kids.  I even remember getting my name up there once - so stressful!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 04 January 2007 -- Just a High-functioning generalization
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 04:47:11 pm »

Playing bass is like a lot of things in that it is easy to do, but not so easy to do well.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 04 January 2007 -- Just a High-functioning generalization
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 04:55:22 pm »

weird. I had this conversation with my girlfriend the other day. because she confessed that she had no idea what the difference between a bass guitar and a normal guitar was. And that she couldn't hear the bass on a song.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 04 January 2007 -- Just a High-functioning generalization
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 05:24:25 pm »

The drummer and the bassist both suffer from the fact that.. as the rhythm section... in most cases, they're supposed to be in the background sonically. You only notice them if they're incompetent or if the song was specifically written to show off their skills.

...or if you have a tendency to listen to super-audio CDs and listen closely like a nerd.

Still, as a non-musician music nerd, it must be said:

33% less strings seems to bespeak 33% easier. If there were four less keys in an octive, I have to imagine I'd've had a better chance at playing more than chopsticks on the piano.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 04 January 2007 -- Just a High-functioning generalization
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 05:46:16 pm »

I even remember getting my name up there once - so stressful!

I have to admit, I sort of liked it when my name was up on the board.  I'd have worked harder at getting it up there, but I felt bad that the teachers had to deal with the kids who were misbehaving so regularly.  Basically I was a wanna-be bad boy who couldn't hack the requisite emotional detachment.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up