Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Onstad on Vegas  (Read 3736 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Onstad on Vegas
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2007, 02:23:42 pm »

Bad trips don't have to happen - but avoiding them rely on your emotional health as much as anything else. Also, it's good to have a buddy who knows the ropes.

See, now these two sentences kind of boil down to the whole problem of my bad trip.  Indeed all my friends tried to put it on me with the whole "you must have been in a bad head space" type thing, but indeed I wasn't - it was a very happy period of my life, and was really happy that night to be out with friends, and was looking forward to a great experience.  I remember right be for doing the drugs that I was walking around in a beautiful dress, feeling like I was on top of the world, and turning to one friend and saying "I feel like a goddess."  The problem, the problem was that right after we all had our share, all my friends abandoned me.  I was unable to find them, then I did find two of them who were both high on E and tangled together on the floor on a pile of coats, groping each other, grabbing each others tits (though not lesbian), sloppy making out, etc.  It's very disturbing to see your friends eating each others faces when they've never done this before.  Then the coats on the floor turned to a sea of snakes, and I found myself screaming in a bathroom stall, the walls melting.  Then one of my E high friends found me and kept telling me my tears were beautiful and trying to grope me, and asking if she could kiss me.  I then became convinced that everyone was contaminated and wouldn't let anyone near me.  Thankfully one of our friends wasn't high that night and took me home.  Bad times all around.  Horrible, horrible times.

Of course that was only be beginning of my drug use.  I had lots and lots of fun times too.  I don't have advice for anyone when it comes to substances.  I just know that I myself am done with them.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Onstad on Vegas
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2007, 04:09:27 pm »

Sounds like your buddies didn't know the ropes, really. And it's a very rare person who, in high school, is really emotionally ready to deal with psychotropics and the potential disasters that await.

I always imagined a wall, anywhere between 2 and 200 feet away from me, that I would not allow myself to reach. That wall and its proximity reflected the strength of the drug and represented at any given time my risk of bad-tripping.

When it got too close I would go home, put on my roommate's Kenwood headphones (nice!) and a few great pre-grunge CDs, turn off the lights, and zone into the music. I was able to pull out of a bad trip once (my left arm, hip, and shoulder were immersed in the wall) and avoid bad trips several times when I saw them coming.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Onstad on Vegas
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2007, 06:10:46 pm »

Vegas is fabulous. You can have a great time or dive right into whatever depth of trouble you want, it's all there.

I was outed on a 'rents gone party one time by the girlyfriend and another fem going into the den and doing a chunk of the 5k piece puzzle moms had in the works. To their booze addled mind it was funs, to moms eyes it was something SON WOULD NEVER DO SO WHO WAS HERE AND WHY IS THE DOG HIDING SON. So caught, so so caught.
Logged
We must repeat!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Onstad on Vegas
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2007, 06:29:21 pm »

Ha.  Yeah.  That's a parent's worst nightmare.  Having their puzzle partially done.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Onstad on Vegas
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2007, 06:49:02 pm »

Onstad discussed Vegas via Ray in this installment of Ray's place.  I remember it well, because your humble Mayor was the one who posed the question.
http://www.achewood.com/raysplace.php?date=08192003&allnav=1

I loves me some Vegas, but now that we have little kids I haven't had much of an opportunity to go.  Rather than retype it all, I will refer you to this page I wrote in a fit of Vegas mania a couple years back.  Also, you should stay at the Flamingo because it's a decent value, has a great location in the middle of the Strip, and has an awesome pool.
http://www.bigfool.com/vegas10.htm
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Onstad on Vegas
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2007, 06:59:32 pm »

Ha.  Yeah.  That's a parent's worst nightmare.  Having their puzzle partially done.

They were rocking out.
Logged
We must repeat!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Onstad on Vegas
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2007, 07:33:56 pm »

Onstad discussed Vegas via Ray in this installment of Ray's place.  I remember it well, because your humble Mayor was the one who posed the question.
http://www.achewood.com/raysplace.php?date=08192003&allnav=1

I loves me some Vegas, but now that we have little kids I haven't had much of an opportunity to go.  Rather than retype it all, I will refer you to this page I wrote in a fit of Vegas mania a couple years back.  Also, you should stay at the Flamingo because it's a decent value, has a great location in the middle of the Strip, and has an awesome pool.
http://www.bigfool.com/vegas10.htm

I went to Vegas for my 21st birthday with my parents and my 4th grade teacher and her husband. We stayed at the Flamingo and it worked really well. Especially because right next door was a place with $3 craps.

Plus they have actual flamingos. And penguins. In the desert.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Onstad on Vegas
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2007, 08:07:40 pm »

I went to Vegas for my 21st birthday with my parents and my 4th grade teacher and her husband.

I'll bite: how did this situation come to pass?
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Onstad on Vegas
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2007, 08:09:31 pm »

Especially because right next door was a place with $3 craps.

You mean the Barbary Coast? I stayed there - no complaints other than Fat Elvis and lack of ventilation. Nice big room, though, for cheap, with a view of the Bellagio fountains. $5min roulette, too, and sometimes $3 pai gow.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Onstad on Vegas
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2007, 08:17:54 pm »

Quote from: Sub_Topical
I was outed on a 'rents gone party one time by the girlyfriend and another fem going into the den and doing a chunk of the 5k piece puzzle moms had in the works.

A friend of mine, once, got busted for a party on the strength of the fact that his father's frozen welsh-rarebit was missing and he was known to not like that food. My slightly-younger brother and I were both there and... well... my father's side of the family is sort of legendary for the drunk-munchies and... yeah.

We weren't even eating it with bread or anything. We just ate it with spoons, very un-classy. A total Hunts move.

At the same party, I also drunkenly shouted down a woman who was stoned-ly insulting Hilary Clinton. For some reason, blasted out of my mind, it was very important to defend the former first lady's honour.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Onstad on Vegas
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2007, 08:22:37 pm »

You mean the Barbary Coast? I stayed there - no complaints other than Fat Elvis and lack of ventilation. Nice big room, though, for cheap, with a view of the Bellagio fountains. $5min roulette, too, and sometimes $3 pai gow.

No, on the other side. It was tiny place with a Burger King in it. It had some terribly stereotypical Irish name. Like O'Malley's or somesuch.

I went to Vegas for my 21st birthday with my parents and my 4th grade teacher and her husband.

I'll bite: how did this situation come to pass?

My mom teaches 2nd grade at the same school so they're good friends. The four of them went to Vegas every year for like 15 years. Just last year my teacher moved there.

My principal from K–3 was also my Godfather. And my 1st grade teacher was my best friend's mom.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Onstad on Vegas
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2007, 09:17:08 pm »

my brother and sister's elementary school science teacher was my friend's mom. she spent all of our high school years conspiring to get us together, including at one point telling another mom that she basically thought we were meant to be together, that our kids would be so cute, etc. At graduation, she told me she'd always thought of me "like a son."

I still regret not saying "that's good-- I've always thought of (friend) like a sister."

(although that would be untrue, I had a major, emo-song-inducing crush on her from 8th grade until 11th.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up