Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A fun mahjongg game :)  (Read 4278 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
A fun mahjongg game :)
« on: January 06, 2007, 11:26:47 pm »

Ooh, this game has me totally hooked. A friend of mine said something about the Gorillaz, and I had to check the intarwub to find out about them. I've still not heard their music, but the idea of a virtual band was pretty weird. They have a really intricate website.

On their site they have this frikkin' addictive mahjongg game. I LOVE IT. You guys should try it. I've spent endless hours playing it. The tiles are cute, but some of them are a little annoying. My favorite is the I <3 YOKO tile. :)

http://www.gorillaz.com/item.php?N=mahjong&URL=mahjong
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 11:31:30 pm by linnea »
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: A fun mahjongg game :)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 06:00:03 pm »

Yeah I like the Gorilliaz.  They had a fairly significant hit with Fell Good Inc. which was used in lots of T.V. and film promos, so I'm willing to bet you heard em' even if you think you haven't.  I still spin their first disk every so often.  I've been a fan of Jamie Hewlett since I worked at the comic shop back in in the Tank Girl days.  Great art.

Their first CD included some special features like a scrolling game where you were Noodle trying to save all the other memebers of the band.  It was really hard - I never beat it, but it was nice looking.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: A fun mahjongg game :)
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 12:38:00 am »

Yeah I like the Gorilliaz.  They had a fairly significant hit with Fell Good Inc. which was used in lots of T.V. and film promos, so I'm willing to bet you heard em' even if you think you haven't.  I still spin their first disk every so often.  I've been a fan of Jamie Hewlett since I worked at the comic shop back in in the Tank Girl days.  Great art.

Their first CD included some special features like a scrolling game where you were Noodle trying to save all the other memebers of the band.  It was really hard - I never beat it, but it was nice looking.


Wow! I had read a little bit about Hewett's involvement with the Gorillaz, and I find it intriguing because I loved Tank Girl so much. When I get paid again I'll have to check them out on iTunes.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: A fun mahjongg game :)
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 01:26:23 am »

Are there record shops in rural Alaska? 
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: A fun mahjongg game :)
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 01:50:23 am »

Are there record shops in rural Alaska? 

We have a few grocers here and I think that they stock some CDs. I'll have to check.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: A fun mahjongg game :)
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 05:26:40 am »

Thank the Gods for MP3s and downloads, huh?

I got the two Gorillaz albums because the dude from Blur is in the band, but I only listened to them a little bit before losing interest.  I'm not so into white guy hip-hop.

Are they actually good?

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: A fun mahjongg game :)
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 02:03:42 pm »

It's hard to say.  It's sort of embarassing to like them.  They're very catchy, I'll give them that.  I like Hewlett.  Otherwise, I could take em or leave em.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: A fun mahjongg game :)
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 09:57:21 pm »

Their first album had its moments for sure.  I barely listened to the second because it was boring.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: A fun mahjongg game :)
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 02:18:19 am »

We have a few grocers here and I think that they stock some CDs. I'll have to check.

The local General Store in Prudhoe Bay had a copy of Klark Kent's album.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: A fun mahjongg game :)
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 02:46:09 am »

The local General Store in Prudhoe Bay had a copy of Klark Kent's album.

What the hell were you doing up in Prudhoe Bay? Or did you just find the website?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: A fun mahjongg game :)
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2007, 02:48:17 am »

What the hell were you doing up in Prudhoe Bay? Or did you just find the website?

We TALKED about this!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 02:58:25 am by Nabubrush drinks (a lot) »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: A fun mahjongg game :)
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2007, 03:13:18 am »

We TALKED about this!

Whoa! I just noticed that your addy is ... are you working at the field in Deadhoss? Daaaamn! Deepest darkest indeed.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: A fun mahjongg game :)
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2007, 05:20:08 pm »

We TALKED about this!

Man, that was a looong time ago.  All talking about Saddam as a free man.  Osama's still out there though.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: A fun mahjongg game :)
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2007, 09:14:43 pm »

Man, that was a looong time ago.  All talking about Saddam as a free man.  Osama's still out there though.

Who-sama? What did he ever do to anyone?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up