Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007  (Read 3343 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
« on: January 09, 2007, 01:17:42 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01092007

So, that's how you'd write out someone beatboxing. Perfect.
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 01:47:51 am »

Hip-hobbit!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

vivouk

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 88
    • View Profile
Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 01:54:39 am »

Hip-hobbit!

Just about to write the same thing!  :D
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 02:17:40 am »

This is the correct thread title.

And if raps about Adult Swim can be successful then why not this?
Logged

ChainMale69

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
nerdcore
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 03:02:55 am »

 http://www.nerdcoreforlife.com/

s'allready in effect, B
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 03:21:58 am »

I propose we start making up -core types of music and start namechecking them to confuse scensters at record stores and indie clubs, in hopes that they'll start playing along.

How about apecore?

Perhaps we'll say it is particularly primal punk music wherein gorilla masks are worn symbolically.

The bandnames would be fun to come up with:

The Aped Crusaders
Does The Carpet Match The Apes?
Aping Chest Wound
Apes of Wrath
Ape of the Neck
Statutory Ape
Reel-to-Reel Ape

etc.

I'm not married to the apecore idea. I'm just sick of the whole "core" thing.

Scenesters give us actual-music-snobs a bad name.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 03:35:10 am »

The saddest thing is that, technically, The Lords of the Rhymes already exist. Nonetheless, they don't generally sing about boiling logs, so I think it can still work.

I would gladly play in an apecore band, for the record. I would prefer Ape Nehi as a name, though.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 05:26:12 am by V-Adore »
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 03:36:36 am »

I watch the pages of Green Day and My Chemical Romance over on last.fm for fun. It's really amusing to see 10 people change the genre 10 times in a single day. Some people really, really care whether Green Day is pop-punk or punk-pop. Then somebody will change it to just punk. Calling Green Day "punk" is the hipster version of chumming the water.

I propose nes-core. All songs about video games. Relating a subject to hedgehogs is the most henious insult imaginable. The real nes-core bands somehow reference Shigeru Miyamoto in their names.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 03:41:25 am »

NES-core has already been used to describe bands, the only one I know being called "H O R S E the band" who are actually an excellent band.  Synth player uses an NES-like tone.
Logged
ACHIEVE

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 03:48:18 am »

Quote from: V-Adore
I would gladly play in an apecore band, for the record. I would prefer Ape Nehi as a name, though.

As long as I can be Apertunity Knox.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 04:36:27 am »

I like how Teodor's stony-eyes are smaller diameter versions of his normal ones.  Works better than bloodshot in the achewood style.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 06:01:24 am »

man. I once came up with "G#core"-- every note of every song was a G#.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 07:16:59 am »

Crush mindless drones of the ancient green turtle/
The princess's loins had better be fertile

AAAIIIIIGHT!
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 08:48:34 am »

Quote from: coldfrog
Crush mindless drones of the ancient green turtle/
The princess's loins had better be fertile

I just can't imagine elf-rock... or hip-hobbit or even magic-the-squaredancing... ending on polysyllables like "fertile" or "turtle". It doesn't strike me as being in the tradition of "songs about reading Heavy Metal magazine when other people were dating" songs which, of course, started in the metal tradition.

CORE/WHORE
BREAD/DEAD
TOWARD/SWORD

These things sound like the ends of lines of death metal songs. Gutteral, y'know?

And while orc-core is no longer JUST speed metal about broad swords and chain mail strategically placed over the nipple and nothing else... the influence, I'd think, would still be there.

"crush dire-wolves and plunder their FUR/the princess's loins had better be PURE" might be closer, perhaps. I'm not saying it's perfect, I just think that a man who owns more than one shirt with a dragon on it would probably prefer it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Beatbox my dwarf-core, dude! 1-9-2007
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2007, 11:04:19 am »

As far as I can tell, I think this guy is the Orc-est Orc-Metal has ever gotten:

Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up