Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: a new person! LQQK  (Read 4188 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: a new person! LQQK
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 01:53:33 am »

12 and 7 I am so cooooooooooooooooooooool

When I saw this thread title I thought someone had given birth.  Welcome,TR.  (Can I call you TR?)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

typicalreader

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
    • my space
Re: a new person! LQQK
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2007, 02:03:23 am »

they call me TL (typicallistener) on the keith and the girl (podcast) forums, so sure, you can call me TR
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: a new person! LQQK
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2007, 02:36:47 am »

8 and 4.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: a new person! LQQK
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2007, 02:42:04 am »

7 and 2
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: a new person! LQQK
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2007, 09:17:56 am »

11 and 5.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: a new person! LQQK
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2007, 01:56:15 am »

13 and 6.

I'm kind of surprised Cort and Jough's numbers came in as low as they did - I would have thought both of you would have heard of every one of them.

Also, welcome.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

vivouk

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 88
    • View Profile
Re: a new person! LQQK
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2007, 04:10:27 am »

13 and 8

 :D

That Low track is gorgeous.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: a new person! LQQK
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2007, 02:33:20 pm »

Hi Mr.Typical, welcome.

Any fan of the Weakerthans is a friend of mine.

Did you know I used to live across the street from the lead singer of the Weakerthans and his even more brilliant wife Christine Fellows?  Sometimes they would sit out on their porch and play accordions, guitars, etc. and sing together, and I would shyly sneak out on to my porch to listen.  It was painfully beautiful to have their music lilt across the street on the summer breeze.  I was way too shy to go over and say hello.  In fact, I was terrified.  If they would see me, they would usually go back inside - I don't think they wanted an audience.  Anyway, I highly recommend Fellows album "Little Birds."  I went to the CD release party a few years back, and it was incredible.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: a new person! LQQK
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2007, 03:13:28 pm »

Hi Mr.Typical, welcome.

Any fan of the Weakerthans is a friend of mine.

Did you know I used to live across the street from the lead singer of the Weakerthans and his even more brilliant wife Christine Fellows?  Sometimes they would sit out on their porch and play accordions, guitars, etc. and sing together, and I would shyly sneak out on to my porch to listen.  It was painfully beautiful to have their music lilt across the street on the summer breeze.  I was way too shy to go over and say hello.  In fact, I was terrified.  If they would see me, they would usually go back inside - I don't think they wanted an audience.  Anyway, I highly recommend Fellows album "Little Birds."  I went to the CD release party a few years back, and it was incredible.

My favorite part of The Weakerthans show that I saw was watching the guitar and bass players acting like they were in an 80's metal band. All guitar necks in the air, all playin' on their knees face to face. Meanwhile the actual song being played is Benediction or somesuch.

The SO said that since Reconstruction Site was released Sarah Harmer has been doing Weakerthans covers at her shows.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: a new person! LQQK
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2007, 04:36:50 pm »

I'm at 8 and 4 as well.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up