Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The bus is crossing Klickitat St., home of Ramona Quimby. It's pretty swank these days. No sign of Nosmo King.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DAMMIT!  (Read 1599 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
DAMMIT!
« on: January 10, 2007, 03:57:26 am »

The end of Jurassic Bark gets me every time. 

Sniff.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: DAMMIT!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 05:37:56 am »

wow, really? Huh. I am not really sure why it doesn't do that for me. Personally, the one where Fry saves Leela from the killer space bees gets me. Also, "time keeps on skipping..." at least I think that's the one.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: DAMMIT!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 05:42:42 am »

The one where Bender meets God always gets me.

...it takes a light touch... is pretty much the only reasonable explanation for an uncaring God I've ever heard.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: DAMMIT!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 05:44:22 am »

I have no idea what you're talking about, but I'll back you up, man. Gets me too. Right in the cockles of my heart, or maybe the sub-cockle area...hard to tell. Anyway, I digress. Is this Futurama?
Logged

Alternate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 141
  • the dinosaurs died for your sins
    • View Profile
Re: DAMMIT!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 09:47:31 am »

The end of Jurassic Bark gets me every time. 

Sniff.


SPOILERS (Jurassic Bark, Futurama)

Oh god seriously.  I like to sing that song in the shower a lot when I'm depressed.  I haven't seen the musical it's actually from, but I don't feel like I need to... I don't know who's singing it, or why her boyfriend is out of the picture, or what's so great about him that she plans to wait a thousand summers for his return... but I do know this: she did not actually wait a thousand summers for her dude to come back, and that frickin' dog really did.  That song will never be about her again, it will always be about the dog. 

I also hear people about the bee one, the god one, and the harlem globetrotters one.  They are all awesome, with awesome endings.  I also like the last one, in which fry finally learns to play the holophoner.  Basically I am a sucker for any futurama episode with a schmaltzy ending. 
Logged
Science fun fact:  Did you know that sharks are the awesomest of all animals?

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: DAMMIT!
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 04:11:24 pm »

Quote from: Alter-whatever
Basically I am a sucker for any futurama episode with a schmaltzy ending.

Seconded.

I turned last nights doggy-ep off and went to take a shower due to incipient sadness.

The ones with a little heart tugging the Spouse will watch with me and understand I'm not mental.
Logged
We must repeat!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: DAMMIT!
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 05:51:44 pm »

yeah, the ending of Umberto D gets me for the same reason. basically dogs are better than people in terms of being the best friend you can ask for.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: DAMMIT!
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 10:12:51 pm »

Oh, man, even if I think about Jurrasic Bark I want to cry.  I am doing my best to not think about it right now.  It is too sad.  Too, too sad.  I makes me want to snuggle my pets extra hard.  *sniffs*
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: DAMMIT!
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 10:51:02 pm »

Damn straight... *sigh*
But then as has been pointed out, a number of the later episodes are just as bad... good. You know. They really did get to beyond-animation-level writing before Fox made another stupendously bad decision. I do look forward to more, after a frustratingly long wait.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: DAMMIT!
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 11:11:41 pm »

I feel like I read once that the reason all the good episodes were in the last season was that Fox kept being like "you can't show this episode! it's not funny!" and so they had a backlog of sad episodes. I hope that is true, instead of "we are so depressed that we want to die that this is our last season. we are sharing this feeling."

My dog is so small. and cold. my mom took him someplace where they cut his hair short-- this makes him about 10 times cuter, but he is also now SO COLD. I periodically go downstairs and wrap him in a blanket and cuddle him so that he'll stop shivering.
And now my mom bought him a little sweater. We are those people.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1]   Go Up