Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pan's Labyrinth  (Read 6940 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mavies

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 51
    • View Profile
Re: Pan's Labyrinth
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2007, 07:43:15 am »

Dude. Spoiled it halfway to hell, yo. Reading this thread made me want to watch this film, but now, alas! 'T'is ruininated.

I s'pose I had it coming reading it, but still, is mini-font that hard?
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Pan's Labyrinth
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2007, 10:46:06 am »

Go watch it anyway, is tre good.
Also seriously, there is a time limit on how long something can be considered a spoiler.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Pan's Labyrinth
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2007, 04:27:32 pm »

HERMIONE KILLS VOLDEMORT!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pan's Labyrinth
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2007, 04:57:42 pm »

Dude. Spoiled it halfway to hell, yo. Reading this thread made me want to watch this film, but now, alas! 'T'is ruininated.

I s'pose I had it coming reading it, but still, is mini-font that hard?

I'm sorry.  I guess I'm just used to being the last one to watch current movies around here.  But you should absolutely still watch the movie, it's great.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Pan's Labyrinth
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2007, 07:17:47 pm »

Dude. Spoiled it halfway to hell, yo. Reading this thread made me want to watch this film, but now, alas! 'T'is ruininated.

I s'pose I had it coming reading it, but still, is mini-font that hard?

You see her lying there dying in the first scene of the film.  It is not a surprise that she dies, nothing has been ruined for you da'link.  It's a great movie - ch-check it out!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Pan's Labyrinth
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2007, 11:29:55 pm »

Yeah, no real spoilers in this thread.

Well, I thought it was really good, although I had problems with the ending, which didn't really seem to follow from what came before (although I did like the ambiguity as to the nature of the film's reality).

Yeah, it was good, but I haven't felt a need to watch it again since I first saw it.  Unlike "Children of Men" which I saw the same weekend but have re-watched about five times since.

Heck, I've watched "300" about a dozen times now (it's one of three HD-DVDs that I have so it's pretty much just on in the background all the dang time).

mavies

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 51
    • View Profile
Re: Pan's Labyrinth
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2007, 08:04:08 am »

Ah, that's cool then. Sorry peoples, it seemed kinda spoilery at the time. I almost saw it a few nights ago, but ended up watching A Boy & His Dog again. Man, that film is awesome. I just sat there and laughed for a good 10 minutes at the ending.

But yeah I am totally gonna watch that Pan's Labyrinth sometime in the next few weeks. And Children of Men, again. Also 300. This is why I love you people, you give me ideas.
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pan's Labyrinth
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2007, 05:26:41 am »

I've had Pan's Labyrinth sitting in my Tivo list since I taped it on HBO about a month ago. I'm waiting for the right drug to come along so that I can maximize my enjoyment.

I may never watch the movie because I don't actually do any drugs.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Pan's Labyrinth
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2007, 11:19:01 pm »

Maybe you'll get a searing fever.  Sometimes I hallucinate a bit with those.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Pan's Labyrinth
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2007, 10:42:28 pm »

Hobbes was real because there was no way Calivn could have tied himself to the chair.

Pan was real because there was no way for Ofelia to lose the Captain in that corridor, and how else do you explain her mom getting miraculously better and then getting worse again in seconds when the mandrake root was introduced and then destroyed?
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up