Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: swearing at the sky...  (Read 4831 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: swearing at the sky...
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 09:05:31 pm »

back to the weather... Lennybruce is interfering with this post, and I've just had some awful dental work done. Dammit, my mouth hurts. This sucks. Being in the dentists chair for 2 hours sucks. I'm getting a crown on one of my teeth and some fillings. Bah.

Anyway, it's bitterly cold here and I bet we'll be getting yet another storm. Ahhh, winter in Alaska. Just what I bargained for. 
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: swearing at the sky...
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007, 09:10:49 pm »

Oh man, last night we went out to get some tasty gyros and when we came back both the front and back doors had seized up so bad the keys wouldn't even go in to the locks.  It was so scary cold that after about 60 minutes of fiddling I could feel the frostbite taking over my toes, my SO had broken off part of his key in the front door, and we had to go to the 7-11 to warm up.  We fiddled a little more, with no luck with the light by the door burnt out and the exterior plug powered off due to mother-fuck*ng-timer being off. I was suddenly able to think straight and we borrowed our neighbour's hair dryer and an extension cord to melt things down and get inside.  We've been pumping the doors full of non-liquid lock de-icer (Jig-a-Loo) but it only keeps things working for about 12 hrs, then it all seizes up again.  Fuck you winter.  Fuck you.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: swearing at the sky...
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2007, 09:20:26 pm »

We're not actually having any winter here right now, but I do feel your pain.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: swearing at the sky...
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 09:30:12 pm »

yeah. In charlotte it was in the 60-70's.

Right now it is "light snow"ing in St Louis.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: swearing at the sky...
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2007, 09:30:53 pm »

Wombat, that absolutely rocks!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: swearing at the sky...
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2007, 10:02:42 pm »

Oh man, last night we went out to get some tasty gyros and when we came back both the front and back doors had seized up so bad the keys wouldn't even go in to the locks.  It was so scary cold that after about 60 minutes of fiddling I could feel the frostbite taking over my toes, my SO had broken off part of his key in the front door, and we had to go to the 7-11 to warm up.  We fiddled a little more, with no luck with the light by the door burnt out and the exterior plug powered off due to mother-fuck*ng-timer being off. I was suddenly able to think straight and we borrowed our neighbour's hair dryer and an extension cord to melt things down and get inside.  We've been pumping the doors full of non-liquid lock de-icer (Jig-a-Loo) but it only keeps things working for about 12 hrs, then it all seizes up again.  Fuck you winter.  Fuck you.

AAAAUUUGH! This has happened to me so many times that it's not funny. My door faces the bay, so I get freezing-ass wind that comes screaming off the ocean and sprays water into my lock, which freezes shut.

I keep a mini canister of de-icer in my coat pocket. After I dried the lock with a hair dryer and wiped it dry with a towel, I covered the door handle and lock with a sheet of bubble wrap and secure it with a rubber band. This keeps the blowing sea air and ice from getting inside. It keeps the lock dry.

The best solution would be to get a storm door to cover your front door. If that's impossible or impractical, try covering the lock. I haven't had to deal with a lock filled with ice since I devised my covering concept.

Wombat...did you make that snow sculpture? That's rad.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: swearing at the sky...
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2007, 12:58:50 am »

I am afraid that I am not so clever - that that snow sculpture photo is something I found on the internet last winter. I feel terrible that I don't even know who did it.

However, I feel GREAT that we haven't had enough snow to make a sculpture like that in more years than I can remember.  And it was in the mid 60s today.  I am sorry but, this whole global-warming planet-destruction thing really rocks.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: swearing at the sky...
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2007, 04:26:04 pm »

Everybody else is in five layers. I must look like a tourist.

You fuck*ng tourist, you.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: swearing at the sky...
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2007, 05:51:40 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: swearing at the sky...
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2007, 03:03:33 pm »

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up