Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Maybe I missed something.  (Read 3548 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Maybe I missed something.
« on: January 17, 2007, 04:45:08 pm »

Why oh why is the word ##### made into #s in everyone's posts?  the significance seems to elude me.

EDIT: Egad!  It's permanently removed by the server!  I dooooon't geeeeeet iiiiiiiiit!
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Maybe I missed something.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 05:27:25 pm »

Yes, coldfrog, you are missing something.

You have just asked the most frequently asked noob question.

Here is what I think was the most recent discussion of the whole issue.

I had to search hoss fuck*ng to find this one.  This is the only time I have ever searched for hoss fuck*ng -ever- as I made a promise to myself to never wade into that water.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Maybe I missed something.
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 05:40:40 pm »

It goes back before the great diaspora when dumbrella hosted an ache-board and r stevens would do this to shit like ##### or ****** or sandwich or tomato.

It's also a jough fuck*ng around for shits and giggles thing.

It's all basically good.

(Does that stuff still happen over on tems boards, I dropped them like a slick baby outta the bath a while back)
Logged
We must repeat!

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Maybe I missed something.
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 06:17:13 pm »

Don't forget %%%%%.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Maybe I missed something.
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 06:43:19 pm »

Don't forget %%%%%.

Judy, if you've actually figured out what that mask is as opposed to just typing % then you deserve so many cans.
Logged

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: Maybe I missed something.
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 07:32:36 pm »

Judy, if you've actually figured out what that mask is as opposed to just typing % then you deserve so many cans.

I will post my 60gb wordlist to the forum just to find out.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Maybe I missed something.
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 12:59:29 am »

Please don't.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Maybe I missed something.
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 04:15:58 am »

Please don't.

fooker, if you post it then there's going to be a Bad Problem.
As our Lord Jesus once said, "Don't be a dick."
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Maybe I missed something.
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 05:23:53 am »

Aw man, as an old fan of wrestling from knucklehead times, I sure do love witnessing an old-fashioned heel turn go down.

NO, HULKSTER! DON'T PUT THE PRETTY LADY THROUGH THE TABLE! WHY, HULK, WHY? IS IT BECAUSE I DIDN'T TAKE MY HULKAMANIA VITAMINS AND SAY MY HULKAMANIA PRAYERS? I WILL TOTALLY EAT MY VITAMINS, JUST DON'T BE A BAD GUY... I... I just bought the new shirt, man. I... wanna be able to still wear the new shirt. To school. DON'T BE BAD!

(I went through a brief period of time thinking that, yeah, clearly they don't hate each other like that and they're not zombies or plumbers or anything but... I still thought the actual matches were real. Like, I thought they made that part up to make it more interesting but the matches themselves were real. I invented rationalization.)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Maybe I missed something.
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 05:46:32 am »

Cort I totally know what the percent signs represent. I just can't come up with the specific word.


Which means it's a totally amazing, perfectly successful substitution of words in my mind.

The next time I think of the *actual* word, unrelated to anything, I'll probably type it out as percent signs.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Maybe I missed something.
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 06:01:26 pm »

Aw man, as an old fan of wrestling from knucklehead times, I sure do love witnessing an old-fashioned heel turn go down.

NO, HULKSTER! DON'T PUT THE PRETTY LADY THROUGH THE TABLE! WHY, HULK, WHY? IS IT BECAUSE I DIDN'T TAKE MY HULKAMANIA VITAMINS AND SAY MY HULKAMANIA PRAYERS? I WILL TOTALLY EAT MY VITAMINS, JUST DON'T BE A BAD GUY... I... I just bought the new shirt, man. I... wanna be able to still wear the new shirt. To school. DON'T BE BAD!

(I went through a brief period of time thinking that, yeah, clearly they don't hate each other like that and they're not zombies or plumbers or anything but... I still thought the actual matches were real. Like, I thought they made that part up to make it more interesting but the matches themselves were real. I invented rationalization.)

So would this make Jough a tweener?

Does Fooker have to be in a Last Man Standing or I Quit thread now? Because that could be interesting. Tiny Can of Dr Pepper on a Pole!
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Maybe I missed something.
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 07:43:22 pm »

Quote from: CortJstr
So would this make Jough a tweener?

More of a... Stone Cold Steve Austin tough-guy face.

Sort of like... he's on the good guys' side but isn't afraid to use the bad guys' tactics against them to maintain the right.

Sorta Jack Nicholson in that one military-law-drama flick. The dude you want on that wall.

(...whereas I'm more of a Mick Foley goofy-face type. He's annoying enough where you wanna see him smacked around a little along the way but... c'mon, he's a big ol' goof, you do wanna see him win at the end of the day.)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Maybe I missed something.
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 09:20:11 pm »

would you believe I used to not-like you, LFM? You are like treasure lately.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Maybe I missed something.
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2007, 09:50:12 pm »

Quote from: theinevitable
would you believe I used to not-like you, LFM? You are like treasure lately.

It's okay and understandable.

I like using message boards as places to come up with/incubate riffs on various ideas and... I'm definite that that's annoying at times. It's just that there's few things I enjoy more than going off on tangents and... internet message boards are pretty much the perfect place to do that.

And considering that someone has to be a little warped AND fairly-well-educated AND have a strange sense of humour to be into Achewood, alla y'all seem like maybe the perfect people to ramble with.

But... definitely, it'll be annoying sometimes. Hell, upon second glance, I sometimes annoy myself.

I appreciate the patience, sir.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Maybe I missed something.
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2007, 09:50:24 pm »

Like solid gold treasure, even more valuable than the regular kind!

Also, the entire concept of a Tiny Can Of Dr. Pepper On A Stick Match makes me giggle, and I don't even watch wrestling.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up