Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 18th of January, 2007 - we got the chessboard out but you playin' Whac-A-Mole  (Read 7489 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

wombat-- when my grandfather was a kid, there was this lady. She was famous (ie: the way you can be "famous" in a small town) for her delicious Empanadas. At some point, her husband disappeared.

A month or so later, a local doctor came to buy some empanadas-- he happened to pass her trashbin, and notice a bone sitting on top. His quick inspection sufficed to learn that it was not a cow or pork's leg bone.

She had chopped up her husband, and was selling his meat to people in the form of empanadas.

Titus Empanadonicus
Logged

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile

I bet they were still hells of tasty.
Logged
We must repeat!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

I'll have to keep this in mind. I'm much better at making empanadas than hats anyway.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest

The secret's in the sauce.

Wombat see that movie

Wait, this isn't The Green Butchers, right? Because I think seeing someone who'd seen that film outside of my tiny circle would totally explode my mind. Exploooode, man.

Also, then I would have to threaten you with a giraffe.
Logged

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile

I really want to says yes for exploding mindness funjoy, but no. We'll leave the guessiness open for a bit though.
Logged
We must repeat!

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile

"Well, Granny never put any distinctions on any of God's creatures. She always used to say...meat's meat and a man's gotta eat!" 
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile


Wombat see that movie

It's not Delicatessen, is it?

(How many more comedies about cannibalism can we come up with?)
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile


(How many more comedies about cannibalism can we come up with?)

Well, there's Eating Raoul...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 11:39:32 pm by wombat »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

rabidambulance

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 33
    • View Profile

And Parents and The Cook The Thief His Wife And Her Lover, sort of.  Though its hard to classify the latter as any genre except "Peter Greenaway Movie".
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile

That sure is a nice rendering of Nice Pete's chucks.  Kudos to Onstad.

I wonder what color chucks Nice Pete would wear.  I'm thinking black, but hey, who knows...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

I'm thinking he rocks the dark-blue Chucks.

In Pete logic, black would be a little... obvious... but he'd still want the next-darkest colour available. He'd definitely obsess over it for a while, trying to figure out how to stay true to his dark roots without being cliched about it... while the Foot Locker dude stand there with his finger up his knows, not knowing how close he is to death.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile

Brownish.

Barely-bleached black chucks, dyed in the blood of the Taken.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

just to comment, my color of chucks is my favorite. I left them in the back of my friend's car for around 3 months (I thought they were lost), during which time they were half-bleached. So they're this kind of weird light blue. I dig them.

I think he would just go for the black ones. Maybe.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes

(How many more comedies about cannibalism can we come up with?)

You can't forget the obvious!
Cannibal: The Musical!

Lets build a snowman!
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile

William Safire wrote something about Whac-a-Mole a few weeks ago, and I was all ready to bust out some knowledge about how "Whac-a-Mole" (without the k) refers specifically to the board game version, which was named such for copyright-related reasons, but as it turns out this is not the case.  There is actually a board game version, though (or a home tabletop version, not like the Tetris board game or anything).  This makes me happy.

Oddly enough, it seems that Nice Pete wears his Chucks around and about but plays basketball wearing only socks.  Ray is only wearing one of his legs as a hat - nobody has yet mentioned the possibility that the shoes are in mismatched colors.  Not that I think Nice Pete would be the kind of cat to do a thing like that, but I could see him writing on the toes in felt pen.  All such as a teenage girl would wear, only covered in Bible fan fiction.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up