Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you  (Read 4220 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Undertoad

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 34
  • Ye Olde Gifte Shoppe ande Ale Taverne Inne Keepere
    • View Profile
    • the Cellar

link

So Beef was right; Pete sees this not only as a high gesture, but the highest of all gestures, and grants Ray deity status in his world.

I'm only a little annoyed that there is no comeuppance for Pete's evil scheme and that he has enough medical coverage to get patched up like that.

Ray has always been New Jesus to me.  Ray is king, and we could not even live in his realm, but we may dream to achieve his level some day.

 
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 06:32:08 pm by Undertoad »
Logged
-=My usual hangout: The Cellar
-=My daily image blog: Image of the Day

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 06:42:29 pm »

I... just assumed that there was Ray Money behind Pete's patchin' up.

I always assume anything expensive happening in Achewood falls back upon Smuckles Millions.

I'd've called the subject line "You know how I am!" but that's fine.

I also enjoy that Roast Beef was the one who saved Nice Pete, prevented Ray from snapping Pete's neck and selling his bones to Trent Reznor for use in a music video when the whole thing cooled off, and yet it is Ray who is being written in as New Jesus in a spree killer's Bible 3.0 and...

That is a pretty-much-perfect distillation of the Beef-Ray dynamic.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 06:56:07 pm »

Well Beef basically had to give credit to either Ray or T as they were the ones about to experience a Special Thing with NP.
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 06:58:53 pm »

Dude got his ass cheek and brain hella stabbed and not even a mild stutter to show?

=(
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 07:05:29 pm »

So dampened virgins are better than dry ones?  I'm not sure I want to know.

Anyway, I would pay good money for that book.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

milhouse

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 52
    • View Profile
Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 07:06:56 pm »

I love how the virgin is moistened.  :D

Edit-Arrghh. wombat beat me to it. I thought I was so quick...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 07:10:54 pm by milhouse »
Logged
Three mute birds, walking in procession,

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 07:19:16 pm »

Don't feel bad, milhouse. Having your first post end up as an obeisance to the superiority of one of the Elder Ones is probably a good move.  I'm sure you've seen how we are around here.

I say we all try to use 'obeisance' in a sentence today in real life as an obeisance to this strip. Come on, it is easier than trying to work in a reference to the damp virgins. Extra credit for finding an excuse to talk about lavender.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 07:52:16 pm »

Quote from: dejavroom
Dude got his ass cheek and brain hella stabbed and not even a mild stutter to show?

I like to think that Pete's special kind of madness completely repurposes entire parts of the mind. Such complete and total devotion to the Twin Tasks of The Murder Act and Novella Writing would logically concentrate the activity in some parts of the mind and render other parts nearly unused... and that, in this case, he was merely stabbed in the part of the brain devoted to Attracting A Mate and Complicated Fast-Food Orders or whatnot.

My secondary explanation is that he is a cartoon cat.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 07:53:33 pm »

Careful Milhouse, you may end up chained into the circling of other apes around Wombat's bed.
Logged

milhouse

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 52
    • View Profile
Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2007, 08:15:19 pm »

Careful Milhouse, you may end up chained into the circling of other apes around Wombat's bed.

Meh. There are worse fates. If the water pipe gets passed around it's all good. Plus I like monkeys!
Logged
Three mute birds, walking in procession,

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 09:09:22 pm »

My secondary explanation is that he is a cartoon cat.

Oh, you are no fun.

And milhouse, I suppose it's my professional duty to point out that monkeys are not apes but you know what? Fuck primates. Where have they ever gotten me? Fuck them so hard.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 09:22:49 pm »

My secondary explanation is that he is a cartoon cat.

Well, it just seems like a waste of comedic possibilities for the weird side-effects right there (a la Guy Gardner post Bat-punch), but anyway...
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 09:23:55 pm »

The scar/stitches on his head is actually the Japanese character for Moistened Virgin.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 09:38:00 pm »

For a second I thought that Nice Pete had a Chinese character on his forehead.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: January 22, 2007: I would like to base the part of the New Jesus on you
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 09:50:41 pm »

Waste of a perfectly good hat.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up