Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sweet Zombie Jesus, what the hell happened here?  (Read 2670 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Sweet Zombie Jesus, what the hell happened here?
« on: September 26, 2003, 07:23:08 am »

If I remember correctly, the mod of this particular forum is anti-White Stripes, but I'm going to talk about them anyway. As some of you know, I went to Seattle to see my own personal little slice of heaven and take her to a White Stripes show. I discussed this in the smells forum, but I guess that's no longer an appropriate title. So, the show was fierce. I would say top three, but didn't knock SRV out of the top spot. And the trip itself was, as the kids say, off the hook. Also, though I said it'd never happen again (well, I didn't say it to any of you, but I did say it), I'll now be referring to her using the "F" word.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Sweet Zombie Jesus, what the hell happened here?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2003, 08:07:43 am »

If I have the correct "F" word in mind (and you didn't decide to 'just be friends') congratulations!
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Sweet Zombie Jesus, what the hell happened here?
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2003, 01:27:50 pm »

Nabu, you're awesome.  Congratulations.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Sweet Zombie Jesus, what the hell happened here?
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2003, 02:34:50 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Nabu, you're awesome.  Congratulations.


Oooooooooooh! Aaaaaaaaaaah! That F word!
Congrats man.
And while I'm anti-White Stripes, I do at least get hooked by one of their riffs. But that's neither here nor there.
I am refusing to have pretentions about what music people talk about here, 'cause it would be irresponsible and dictatorial of me, and while that is somewhat appealing on occasion, I feel it's best to avoid!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Sweet Zombie Jesus, what the hell happened here?
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2003, 03:11:18 pm »

Congrats, Nabu! And hey, congrats on a good show, too; I've heard the White Stripes are pretty damn nice in concert.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Sweet Zombie Jesus, what the hell happened here?
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2003, 09:53:20 pm »

It was a happening show. I could tell, though, that Jack had taken so much time off (he broke one of his fretting fingers in a car accident). This was his third show back after about a ten week layoff in which they canceled some 30 shows or so. He had to cut "Ball and Biscuit" short. Also, I was hoping for some Johnny Cash covers, as JW is pretty well known for doing a shitload of covers at his shows. He's covered 300 or so different songs, I think.
Having said all that, the opening band was Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I like this band on record, but I think the lead singer must have been high as a kite, because her behavior just screamed "intervention." It was sort of a shame. Also, my much better half had never heard them before, and it would have been nice if they hadn't sucked.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nice Jough

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
    • http://poetryx.com
Sweet Zombie Jesus, what the hell happened here?
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2003, 11:05:31 pm »

Wowie Zowie!  It sure is swell that you've asked your sweetie to marry you.  Congratulations!

That is just super news!!! :)
Logged
You are super!  You're a special person!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Sweet Zombie Jesus, what the hell happened here?
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2003, 12:11:01 am »

Did you say you were taking the plunge for the fourth time?  Do you just like giving away half of your stuff every few years?

What's up, Larry King?  Glutton for punishment Mr. Carson?  Just bad at the whole committment thing Mr. J-Lo?  Want a little variety Elizabeth Taylor?

Okay, I'm out of famous people who've been married a lot.

Congratulations nonetheless.  Maybe this one'll stick!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Sweet Zombie Jesus, what the hell happened here?
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2003, 03:17:06 am »

Don't forget Mickey Rooney!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up