Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007  (Read 4857 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« on: January 24, 2007, 06:41:12 am »

Re: Teodor seeking fresh dill.

I was at the Whole Foods in San Mateo not too long ago. I needed help finding something, but the person working there was an older dude with a mustache. Thankfully, he did not flirt with me.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 06:46:57 am »

"Jesus Christ on God Mountain" is now officially the greatest curse-phrase ever.

Officially. I have a rubber stamp, you just can't see it because it's the internet.

The previous champion was "fuckerhead". But fuckerhead's day is now past.

Goodbye, fuckerhead... hello, Jesus Christ on God Mountain. Officially.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 06:54:28 am »

I do the same thing as Teodor. Constantly.
So the greatest day of my life was a few weeks ago, when the cute girl behind the counter was my girlfriend. All wearing a little tank-top and an apron... all hair back in a little ponytail so it wouldn't be in the way... all wearing her glasses because she was tired...

(edit: I realize now that it is physically impossible for her hair to have been in a ponytail... it is way too short. weird that I remember it that way.)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 01:49:30 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Alternate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 141
  • the dinosaurs died for your sins
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 10:00:01 am »

I can't believe Teodor willingly went to San Mateo.  San Mateo has topiary everywhere, and gigantic signs plastered on the roads saying "Don't ever drive faster than 25mph, ever.  And try not to be too weird."  It's just not worth it, that town is much more bad than dill is good. 

But yeah, hippie girls working at grocery stores are hot, and I like the idea of Teodor suggestively lingering in the produce area.  It's a good tactic.  Next time I want to hit on someone I'll just run to the nearest produce area and linger there.  Suggestively. 
Logged
Science fun fact:  Did you know that sharks are the awesomest of all animals?

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 10:42:34 am »

What, no love for Frederick Dumplington the Third? That's easily the finest name for a corgi ever.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 01:43:45 pm »

I started out thinking "Oh Teodor he is just so tedious" but OK, that was pretty funny. 

Also, I have nearly daily opportunity to leave Whole Foods saying "JESUS CHRIST ON GOD MOUNTAIN IS THAT PLACE EXPENSIVE!"  It will feel so much better now.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 02:29:58 pm »

Fresh dill is hard to find in Cal?  Jeez T, just go buy yourself a packet of seeds -- the stuff grows like a weed.  see also: cilantro (coriander).
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 02:36:18 pm »

What, no love for Frederick Dumplington the Third? That's easily the finest name for a corgi ever.

Agreed.

However; I am highly disturbed that the stuffed otter lives with humanistic cats, but a dog is just a dog.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 04:50:55 pm »

Agreed.

However; I am highly disturbed that the stuffed otter lives with humanistic cats, but a dog is just a dog.

A dog is like a Neanderthal compared to regular animals.

The Whole Foods by me currently has a big sign in the window that compares receipts and proves that it's cheaper than Trader Joe's. Although it's so faded you can't actually read anything.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 08:42:33 pm »


The Whole Foods by me currently has a big sign in the window that compares receipts and proves that it's cheaper than Trader Joe's.

So does mine. I haven't really looked at it because I am sure my brain would explode from data-manipulation fury. I'm sure you could make it work by picking exactly the right items, but I shop at both often enough to know that in real life a bag of groceries at TJ's costs on average half what it costs at WF.

No one ever grabs my hand at either place, though. I suppose this is just as well because chances are I would slap them.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 08:49:33 pm »

It was nice to read about some ache-world dog interaction that was pleasant instead of all "I HAVE RABIES AND WILL SHIT IN YOUR MOUTH" todd t squirrel style. Plus, corgis are Okey dokey.

As far as T: what a blowjob. I want his adventures as Herschel Schviz-Meskewicz documented, the fuck*ng welsher. He's getting better though, perkiness and rad thighs are a better goal than what he's been chasing.

(ideas to things, fantasy vs. tangible)
Logged
We must repeat!

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2007, 12:10:49 am »

Quote from: oball
What about Scrambles?

You have to ask it like an SAT question.

Scrambles is to Achewood as... Eegah is to normal people.

Or Encino Man. Or any numbers of examples of exceptional cavemen reaching their hand out toward the brass ring of humanity and...

Missing by *this* much. Very very close. By as little as you can and still miss completely.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2007, 01:22:05 am »

I think that Scrambles was just a mentally deficient schoolchild in a daypack who got lost and was suffering separation anxiety. I can't really come up with a good analogy.
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2007, 02:57:08 am »

It definitely seems like dogs in Achewood fall into one of two categories:

1. Retarded and naive (see: Scrambles)

2. Portent of doom (see: Magreaux)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up