Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007  (Read 4858 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 02:58:25 am »

Oh! One more category:

3. Lovestruck rapper (see: Heartbeatzz)

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 06:24:27 am »

Heartbeatzzz is possibly my... funniest pick? I laugh so hard every time I think of that dog.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 06:39:09 am »

Yeah, and apparently the first type also enjoy wearing retarded sweaters and playing poker badly.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 02:30:27 pm »

Yeah, and also, isn't Trouble Man a dog?  If so this is another category: old-timey secret knowledge guy.  (I don't know why, but I always imagined Trouble Man as having a voice like Billy Bob Thorton did in sling blade.)

This is what I mean.  This is what bothers me.  Mostly because if dogs are on the level of thinking, knowing beings, then Frederick Dumplington the Third is... like... molesting Phillipe.

Also: Corgi.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2007, 06:34:07 am »

Ray cleans his rims with Chivas.  That is ballin'.
Logged
ACHIEVE

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2007, 02:04:07 pm »

"He got himself a job drivin' pizzas around (for delivery)" as opposed to just a nice Sunday drive I suppose. Or being Pizza the Hut's limo driver.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2007, 03:39:35 pm »

wait, so, what is the perk of LN's job? Does the boss normally take tips? I feel like that is the opposite of a tip.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2007, 04:13:00 pm »

I was afraid to click on LN's blog.  I assumed it would be more salacious. (Note: board spell check knows the word 'salacious' but not the word 'blog.')

But hey, isn't it February?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Enkidu

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 42
  • I think my hearts explodin! THESE KNIVES!
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2007, 06:39:48 pm »

Or being Pizza the Hut's limo driver.
ROFL.  I've got to netflix that movie now.  Battlestar Galactica will have to wait!  Huh, spell check doesn't recognize "battlestar" or "galactica".  Or "spellcheck".
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2007, 06:56:25 pm »

Beef distills Machiavelli down to two sentences: Holy mother of clams is worrying about being rude not the right way to step out into the world. The world is rude as shit and if you ain't adoptin' the party line then they are just gonna use every part of you but the squeal. 

A slow clap for Onstad.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2007, 12:35:50 am »

Yeah, good Beef blog after two months of silence.

I actually got downsold at the Apple store, so I had to not buy a laptop and leave the store.  I was going to get a MacBook Pro and after talking with a "genius" there he said "You don't want a MacBook Pro.  You need a MacBook, and unless you want to pay a premium just for the colour, get the white one."

Seriously, I was so taken aback and not sure I trusted his words that I had to leave the store to drop back and punt and do more research.

Turns out the little smug fucker was right.  The MacBook is exactly the right size for me, and will do everything I need it to do.  Plus, I like the looks better than the Pro anyway. 

So the dude basically just saved me $700.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2007, 12:39:32 am »

goddamn I want me a sweet little Macbook.

But that is basically ridiculous, because I have an almost-brand-new computer right now. I just didn't realize until I messed around with my friend's Macbook how awesome they are.

Damn, my dad totally wanted me to buy a Mac, too.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2007, 12:54:22 am »

Well, you can basically make a MacBook as good as a macbook pro, unless you were getting an awesome macbook pro.  Plus, it might actually scratch less.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2007, 01:16:52 am »

wait, so, what is the perk of LN's job? Does the boss normally take tips? I feel like that is the opposite of a tip.

Having never delivered pizza myself I'm guessing that places pool normally pool tips, take a cut, or make some effort to record them for taxes
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2007, 01:33:31 am »

Having never delivered pizza myself I'm guessing that places pool normally pool tips, take a cut, or make some effort to record them for taxes

None of the places that Mrs. West or I have delivered for (or managed, in Mrs. West's case) have ever pool delivery driver tips, taken a cut or kept any record.  Chains represented include: Papa John's, Domino's, Pantera's, Godfathers and at least two independents.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up