Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: January 25th, 2007: THOU SHALT NOT KILL ANYBODY! ESPECIALLY NOT MEEEEE!  (Read 8633 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01252007

I want to see little post-it mockups.

Runner up title: DON'T EAT MEEEEE!
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

fuck, you beat me by seconds.

Also: wow, what a concept(ion).

(Would it be a good Name for a Radio Show or a Band to name it The Immaculate Concept? I feel like I can use that name for something clever, but it sounds like a Metal band who would mention jesus a lot. The answer is No, that would be a bad name.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest

As loathe as I am to request Achewood fanart, I very much want to see Quail Jesus.

If only Onstad was still taking commissions...
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars

Just when the dudes go and settle things with Nice Pete after dissing his music, they have to go and ape his Bible fanfic. If I might borrow a phrase from Lincoln, these guys are cruisin' for a bruisin'.

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile

I only have a basic cable package, but a friend of mine gets a channel called G4 that is basically ESPN for video games.  It even has one of those ticker things with news updates running along the bottom of the screen.  According to my friend, earlier in the week a news item about a virgin chimp getting knocked up actually appeared on said ticker.  I like the idea of an immaculate conception, and especially the implication that immaculate conceptions happen whenever a species evolves enough to develop religion.  The G4 newsfeed went a more obvious route, ending with something along the lines of "zookeeper's whereabouts unknown."

I'm a bit disappointed to have this as my birthday strip, though.  I guess I should just be grateful that I even got one, but it's hard to compare this to the gems I've gotten in previous years:

2006 - Ray first learns about the G.O.F.
2005 - Nice Pete's Bible fanfiction
2002 - ...a personal birthday message from Téodor?

Well, maybe that's not what it really is, but you can't blame me for thinking of it that way, can you?
Logged

stringph

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 26
  • I been meanin' to learn a little geometry
    • View Profile


Oh, man. Ray has serious fingers in that one panel. The fingers bear the main expressive weight of the graphic depiction.

Since when has Ray had such fingers.

Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

I'm fond of the concept that ones ideas are proportional in size to one's body.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

I'm not.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile

Seconded, Ms Wombat
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

Quote from: CortJstr
I'm fond of the concept that ones ideas are proportional in size to one's body.

Aw, man. My ideas must be awesome.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: January 25th, 2007: THOU SHALT NOT KILL ANYBODY! ESPECIALLY NOT MEEEEE!
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 05:43:04 pm »

I'm not.

OK, maybe they're big ideas but expressed in a tiny way.
Logged

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: January 25th, 2007: THOU SHALT NOT KILL ANYBODY! ESPECIALLY NOT MEEEEE!
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2007, 07:14:27 pm »

I'm fond of the concept that ones ideas are proportional in size to one's body.
No wonder Quail Jesus gets such disrespect.  I heard he was crucified on a cross made of the dead branches from Charlie Brown's Christmas tree, and when his spirit escaped the body, there was just this sort of breeze that sounded like a guy saying "I'm too chewy"
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: January 25th, 2007: THOU SHALT NOT KILL ANYBODY! ESPECIALLY NOT MEEEEE!
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2007, 07:36:35 pm »

Quail Jesus, an icon to gather the vegan masses.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: January 25th, 2007: THOU SHALT NOT KILL ANYBODY! ESPECIALLY NOT MEEEEE!
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2007, 07:42:36 pm »

Quail Jesus, an icon to gather the vegan masses.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the NRA I shall not fear.
Logged

littlefox

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 76
    • View Profile
Re: January 25th, 2007: THOU SHALT NOT KILL ANYBODY! ESPECIALLY NOT MEEEEE!
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2007, 09:11:49 pm »

As loathe as I am to request Achewood fanart, I very much want to see Quail Jesus.

If only Onstad was still taking commissions...

I'm not Onstad. Heck, I'm not even particularly good at art. But this was too fun to not attempt.

Apologies for poor quality b/c my scanner's broken, so I had to take a picture of the drawing w/a camera.

I based the quail's little hand motion on the pseudo-peace sign that Jesus does. See, looky:
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up