Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: January 25th, 2007: THOU SHALT NOT KILL ANYBODY! ESPECIALLY NOT MEEEEE!  (Read 8603 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: January 25th, 2007: THOU SHALT NOT KILL ANYBODY! ESPECIALLY NOT MEEEEE!
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 09:48:14 pm »

Drink ye from the tiny can I have given unto you!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: January 25th, 2007: THOU SHALT NOT KILL ANYBODY! ESPECIALLY NOT MEEEEE!
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 10:23:45 pm »

And lo, did the Canine of Tiny Dimensions allow us the liquid essence of the Holy Quail. And it was good.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: January 25th, 2007: THOU SHALT NOT KILL ANYBODY! ESPECIALLY NOT MEEEEE!
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2007, 12:01:16 am »

I'm not Onstad. Heck, I'm not even particularly good at art. But this was too fun to not attempt.

Apologies for poor quality b/c my scanner's broken, so I had to take a picture of the drawing w/a camera.

I based the quail's little hand motion on the pseudo-peace sign that Jesus does. See, looky:


You get a Tiny Can of Dr. Pepper for making an awesome drawing. I love it!
Logged

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: January 25th, 2007: THOU SHALT NOT KILL ANYBODY! ESPECIALLY NOT MEEEEE!
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2007, 03:54:26 am »

Yeah, definitely worth a can.  I was going to try and photoshop a picture of a quail with a beard, but I guess I give up now.
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: January 25th, 2007: THOU SHALT NOT KILL ANYBODY! ESPECIALLY NOT MEEEEE!
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2007, 04:09:20 am »

Righteously can'd, I say. That is the finest Quail Jesus of which I can conceive.
Logged

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: January 25th, 2007: THOU SHALT NOT KILL ANYBODY! ESPECIALLY NOT MEEEEE!
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2007, 05:30:14 am »

That is amazing. I have found religion. I just canceled the walmart suit and went out and bought an incubator.

I take perverse pleasure in clicking 'take away', knowing that it'll just add to your count anyway. Thanks, Jough.

Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: January 25th, 2007: THOU SHALT NOT KILL ANYBODY! ESPECIALLY NOT MEEEEE!
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2007, 06:08:43 am »

I'm now stuck with the picture of Quail Jesus checking receipts at a Wal-Mart floating in my mind.

As if putting up with unruly customers are the Quail Jesus's cross... as It is too cute to be nailed to a cross. Stations of the Cross and so on. In the third stained glass image, It has to stop a kid from stealing a soda but it turns out he has a receipt for it from the Big Lots next door. In the sixth, Quail Jesus's legs start to hurt but the girl who runs the snack bar brings over a barstool for It to sit on.

Basically, a much tamer, much cuter Passion of the Bird Christ.

(In high school, the guy who was the long-time crush of... my long-term crush... he made a female Jesus on the cross with exposed boobs as his final project in Ceramics. We all thought he was so cool and deep. He is now the lifeguard in a Y in Vermont. The girl is now working retail in San Francisco. I am living off Ramen Noodles in the San Fernando Valley. The universe is broken.)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: January 25th, 2007: THOU SHALT NOT KILL ANYBODY! ESPECIALLY NOT MEEEEE!
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2007, 06:36:36 am »

Kinda.

But... it didn't have the stab wound from The Spear of Destiny ruining the sacrehotness.

We were 16, it was 1995.

The internet hadn't yet trained us to always include an extra layer of cynical darkness on top of any fun joke, so that we could use the "irony defense" if people didn't think it was funny. The internet seems to have invented or, at least, popularized slipping in an extra layer of meanness so we could say we were kidding about kidding upon a whiff of failure.

It was all "Jesus + Sweet Titties = Awesome". These were different times.

There was a Clinton in the White House. A new GNR album was coming at any moment.

Love... was in the air.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: January 25th, 2007: THOU SHALT NOT KILL ANYBODY! ESPECIALLY NOT MEEEEE!
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2007, 07:04:11 am »

damn, man. I am waiting for irony to collapse in on itself.

I am not sure how that will happen.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: January 25th, 2007: THOU SHALT NOT KILL ANYBODY! ESPECIALLY NOT MEEEEE!
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2007, 07:24:56 am »

Sorry for the low res, it's just what I usually draw at. Somebody plz color this little guy

also for LJ and avatars

here is the psd file

Anybody notice that quails have really short tails
they're kind of like pears with wings and mouths
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: January 25th, 2007: THOU SHALT NOT KILL ANYBODY! ESPECIALLY NOT MEEEEE!
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2007, 07:46:10 am »

Sorry for the low res, it's just what I usually draw at. Somebody plz color this little guy

also for LJ and avatars

here is the psd file

Anybody notice that quails have really short tails
they're kind of like pears with wings and mouths

Awesome! Can'd. If I knew how to find my ass with both hands in Photoshop, I would totally color it. I might print it out at the library and color it in by hand.
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: January 25th, 2007: THOU SHALT NOT KILL ANYBODY! ESPECIALLY NOT MEEEEE!
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2007, 07:57:30 am »

I might print it out at the library and color it in by hand.

Thx just remember to size it up because it's gonna be the size of a postage stamp
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: January 25th, 2007: THOU SHALT NOT KILL ANYBODY! ESPECIALLY NOT MEEEEE!
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2007, 12:53:41 pm »

Anybody notice that quails have really short tails
they're kind of like pears with wings and mouths

Yes.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: January 25th, 2007: THOU SHALT NOT KILL ANYBODY! ESPECIALLY NOT MEEEEE!
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2007, 02:10:46 pm »

Mattgiraffe and littlefox: Yes.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up