Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Super Bowl Predictions!  (Read 10427 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Super Bowl Predictions!
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2007, 06:55:55 am »

I am me.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Super Bowl Predictions!
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2007, 07:43:38 am »

Someone photoshopped an actual loaf of bread and a picture of a cat to look like a cat-bread, which was horrifying. I look nothing like that.
Logged

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: Super Bowl Predictions!
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2007, 09:52:20 am »

I predict that I will be too drunk to pay attention and will in the end try to play Settlers of Catan with a pair of nail clippers and a doorstop.
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Super Bowl Predictions!
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2007, 09:37:17 pm »

I have no frickin' idea what's going to happen in this game.  On paper, and after watching the conference championship games, it looks like it should be pretty close.  But I have a gut feeling that the Bears are going to go out and lay an egg, and we will finally stop hearing how Manning can't win the big one.

Colts 31, Bears 13.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Super Bowl Predictions!
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2007, 09:44:54 pm »

Colts 30, Bears 22
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Super Bowl Predictions!
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2007, 12:58:18 am »

Bears can tear colts apart and eat them, but equines can run away fast.  Taking the first hits on Google when superficially researching the relative speed of the two animals, bears can run 30 mph and tire easily, hosss can run 50 mph. I therefore vote for the Colts to win, score of 30-50.  I have no idea if football scores can even contain those numbers but I have done enough exhausting research for tonight.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Super Bowl Predictions!
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2007, 02:12:34 am »

My prediction? 

1.  The commercials will be more interesting than the game.
B)  The halftime show will suuuuuuuuck.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Super Bowl Predictions!
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2007, 03:04:25 am »

Has there ever been a halftime show, interesting in any way other than a "trainwreck" quality?

Other than a "weird lady's titty"/"three-dee glasses"/"up with people" clusterfuck kinda way?

I never remember one.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Super Bowl Predictions!
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2007, 03:14:34 am »

I kept thinking that this sunday was Superbowl Sunday.  It isn't.  Dang.  I already made my usual "counter-plans" going to see a play on Sunday.  Ah well.  I guess I'll have to find something interesting to do next Sunday as well.

Thankfully I can always catch the good ads on YouTube now.

I'm probably going to be out and about here in Chicago during the game.  If the Bears win I may pop by a few local pubs to enjoy the madness.

In the meantime, everyone in town is doing the superbowl shuffle.  They even put a big Bears hat on the Picasso sculpture in Daley Plaza.  I have not the words.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Super Bowl Predictions!
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2007, 03:35:38 am »

Am I the only person who finds it bizarre that people are excited to see adverts?

A woman that I work with said that she didn't really care about the game, but that she couldn't wait to see some of the ads. That is just weird... "Despite being bombarded with advertising throughout my entire life and each day, I am excited to see what the media circus has dreamed up to convince me to buy their product."

True, I have seen some funny ads in my day. I just think it's weird that some of the most extravagantly funded "creativity" productions are geared to whore products in a consumerist society. Bread and circus, I guess.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Super Bowl Predictions!
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2007, 04:24:13 am »

(edit: I am not completely sure why I had posted a rant about wanting to study marketing here. carry on.)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 07:36:36 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Super Bowl Predictions!
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2007, 05:15:51 am »

In the meantime, everyone in town is doing the superbowl shuffle.  They even put a big Bears hat on the Picasso sculpture in Daley Plaza.  I have not the words.

They put a White Sox cap on it during the world series in 2005.

Re: Halftime shows. I thought the U2 show was great in 2002, but I may be a sap.

Prince is performing this year. He's an incredible performer. They'll probably schmaltz it up, though.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Super Bowl Predictions!
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2007, 09:16:41 am »

Bears can tear colts apart and eat them, but equines can run away fast.  Taking the first hits on Google when superficially researching the relative speed of the two animals, bears can run 30 mph and tire easily, hosss can run 50 mph. I therefore vote for the Colts to win, score of 30-50.  I have no idea if football scores can even contain those numbers but I have done enough exhausting research for tonight.

Any score for a football team is possible as long as it's not 1. There simply can never be a score of 1. If a football team scored 1 for the game, the universe would open up like a great, yawning mouth and inhale until nothing remained. The mouth would then close and cease existence forever, but not before it whispered, "Why... did you... score... one?"

Also: god dang hosss are fast!

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Super Bowl Predictions!
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2007, 07:30:15 pm »

30-50 could come about in a large number of different ways (10 field goals are kind of hard to imagine) - but 3 touchdowns for 21 points and 3 field goals for another 9 would work for the Bears.  Six touchdowns, two field goals and a 2-point safety scored by the defense would give the Colts 50.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Super Bowl Predictions!
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2007, 09:43:14 am »

www.bearvscolt.com

Funniest Super Bowl preview ever?


I am me.

Dang doggie, hell of low self worth.

(I am trying to make a joke because you have no picture.)
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up