Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Geekgasm in 2005: The return of Doctor Who  (Read 11368 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Geekgasm in 2005: The return of Doctor Who
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 04:03:30 am »

OMG, "The Last of the Time Lords."

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

Really, Russell T. Davies? Seriously? I've seen the same plot device in the Care Bears II. I'm kind of disappointed, although the final scene between The Doctor and The Master was kind of heart-wrenching.


Eh. On to season 4.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Geekgasm in 2005: The return of Doctor Who
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2009, 05:26:27 am »

I can't watch "Midnight". It makes me have Emotions.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Geekgasm in 2005: The return of Doctor Who
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2009, 12:57:45 pm »

Christopher Ecclestone was definitely better in my opinion, though I did like both.

Christmas Day Doctor Who is the best thing ever.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Geekgasm in 2005: The return of Doctor Who
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2009, 02:29:45 pm »

Christopher Ecclestone was definitely better in my opinion, though I did like both.

Christmas Day Doctor Who is the best thing ever.

I guess a lot of people really liked Eccleston? I dunno, he looks like the youth pastor at my church, of whose intelligence I have a low opinion. So that kind of ruined it for me.

Tennant is just yummy. Tho I've been watching Baker episodes and I do understand why he's so popular, too. Not as pleasant to look at as Tennant, but he definitely has that je ne sais quois that makes you believe he's seen it all.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Geekgasm in 2005: The return of Doctor Who
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2009, 03:23:41 pm »

Tho I've been watching Baker episodes and I do understand why he's so popular, too.

I watched these years ago on PBS and it is all the Doctor Who I feel I need. The idea that he is played by different actors is a cool one, but I don't feel like I need to actually see it done.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Geekgasm in 2005: The return of Doctor Who
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2009, 01:02:08 am »

Bollocks. Fell asleep watching the Christmas special.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Geekgasm in 2005: The return of Doctor Who
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2009, 01:08:53 am »

Bollocks. Fell asleep watching the Christmas special.

the dogs bollocks?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Geekgasm in 2005: The return of Doctor Who
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2009, 01:22:36 am »

Sandra Bollocks?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Geekgasm in 2005: The return of Doctor Who
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2009, 01:38:18 am »

the dogs bollocks?

Evidently not, to make me fall asleep it must have been particularly somniferous. :(

On the other hand, I had consumed ridiculous amounts of food and wine so the jury's still out.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Geekgasm in 2005: The return of Doctor Who
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2009, 07:38:19 am »

I'm torrenting the christmas ep right now. I might kind of miss Tennant but it means that Stephen Moffat is taking over as chief writer and that's awesome since he wrote just about every great episode of the last 5 seasons. I liked Ecclestons manic/melancholy thing better than I like Tennant but he probably bailed at the right time.
I'm also basically the only person in the world who likes the 7th doctor best, even if half the eps were some sort of wonderful fever dream.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Geekgasm in 2005: The return of Doctor Who
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2009, 09:34:45 am »

Just watched it.
Huh.
Um, without using spoiler tags. The master plan of the bad guy is kind of silly in a really Russel T Davies kind of way, but the final scene reveal has me pretty psyched even though I'd basically heard something like this was happening.
Timothy Dalton!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Geekgasm in 2005: The return of Doctor Who
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2009, 06:09:28 pm »

Just watched it.
Huh.
Um, without using spoiler tags. The master plan of the bad guy is kind of silly in a really Russel T Davies kind of way, but the final scene reveal has me pretty psyched even though I'd basically heard something like this was happening.
Timothy Dalton!

Yeah, Davies really knows how to make the people watching forget that most of what they've just seen is actually kind of crap by throwing in a massive geekgasm for the cliffhanger.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Geekgasm in 2005: The return of Doctor Who
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2009, 06:38:42 pm »

Yeah, Davies really knows how to make the people watching forget that most of what they've just seen is actually kind of crap by throwing in a massive geekgasm for the cliffhanger.

Sounds about right. I woke up for the last 5 minutes and will probably watch the 2nd half on New Years now.

Stephen Moffat is definitely needed for the show now I think.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Geekgasm in 2005: The return of Doctor Who
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2009, 09:33:20 pm »

Speaking of Moffat, anyone seen Jekyll? I just got my BFF hooked.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Geekgasm in 2005: The return of Doctor Who
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2009, 10:50:31 pm »

Speaking of Moffat, anyone seen Jekyll? I just got my BFF hooked.

I loved Jekyll.

Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up