Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus, people! Less drama, already! 1-29-07  (Read 3360 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Jesus, people! Less drama, already! 1-29-07
« on: January 29, 2007, 12:04:45 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=01292007

A thread title for the ages.  No sassy traffic signs in the DC area that I know of.  California can keep them.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Jesus, people! Less drama, already! 1-29-07
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 12:09:22 am »

The one-offs lately have been great.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Jesus, people! Less drama, already! 1-29-07
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 12:11:50 am »

Yeah.  Nice.

I saw signs like this in Jersey.  Man, they make me want to mow people down in spite.
Logged
ACHIEVE

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Jesus, people! Less drama, already! 1-29-07
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 12:14:57 am »

yeah, stuff like this pisses me off.
but, you know, if it saves lives... good.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Jesus, people! Less drama, already! 1-29-07
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 12:53:56 am »

The Dulles Access Road used to have a series of Burma Shave-style signs warning you to only use the road for airport business. That's the closest thing I've seen and those have been gone for years.
Logged

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: Jesus, people! Less drama, already! 1-29-07
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 01:08:45 am »

yeah, stuff like this pisses me off.
but, you know, if it saves lives... good.

Yes, except the bonus joke is that reading the signs made Ray suspect he had crushed someone into a lifeless muck.
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Jesus, people! Less drama, already! 1-29-07
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 01:31:35 am »

I have a thing that I like
where there is something that is really effective, and the best way to do something
but it pisses people off, morally.

such as that they have mathematically proven
that if they give alcoholic hobos free apartments, food, etc
it will save the city money, since they do not end up in the emergency room.

but liberals hate this, because why don't we give everyone a free apartment then
and conservatives hate this,
because hobos do not deserve free shit.

but it works, and a few cities are doing it.

I do not know why I was reminded of this.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Jesus, people! Less drama, already! 1-29-07
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 02:09:38 am »

I have a thing that I like
where there is something that is really effective, and the best way to do something
but it pisses people off, morally.

such as that they have mathematically proven
that if they give alcoholic hobos free apartments, food, etc
it will save the city money, since they do not end up in the emergency room.

but liberals hate this, because why don't we give everyone a free apartment then
and conservatives hate this,
because hobos do not deserve free shit.

but it works, and a few cities are doing it.

I do not know why I was reminded of this.

Do not write your points as free form poetry. That is a thing mainly of crap dudes.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Jesus, people! Less drama, already! 1-29-07
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 02:18:38 am »

you couldn't tell, but I was using the voice poets use when they read their own work.

it makes me really glad to know that this voice exists.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Jesus, people! Less drama, already! 1-29-07
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 02:29:05 am »

85% of the reason I am not a famous poet is that I do not have a "poetry voice".

I don't have one of those DRAMATIC RISING AND FALLING AND ALMOST SINGING voices.

Bad poetry sounds awesome with one of those voices.

Great poetry sounds "eh" without one of those voices.

The other 15% is that I really only occasionally want to be a famous poet.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Jesus, people! Less drama, already! 1-29-07
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 03:09:04 am »

you couldn't tell, but I was using the voice poets use when they read their own work.

it makes me really glad to know that this voice exists.

I don't watch zefrank. Referencing him is like referencing the Flying Spaghetti Monster in a religious argument.
Logged

Alternate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 141
  • the dinosaurs died for your sins
    • View Profile
Re: Jesus, people! Less drama, already! 1-29-07
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 03:12:59 am »

I have a thing that I like
where there is something that is really effective, and the best way to do something
but it pisses people off, morally.
...
I do not know why I was reminded of this.

What?  Yes you do.  It's because it just happened to you.  Remember, that time when you read a comic strip about gratuitous anti-speeding signs, and you said,

yeah, stuff like this pisses me off.
but, you know, if it saves lives... good.

Remember that? 
Logged
Science fun fact:  Did you know that sharks are the awesomest of all animals?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Jesus, people! Less drama, already! 1-29-07
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007, 03:22:11 am »

in that it's a bullshit way to make a point? or it's just a rude way to make fun of people's beliefs? I am not sure what the connection you are making is.

I don't really know many who watch/have mentioned Ze Frank, so maybe there is some association which I am unaware of.

alternate post:

yeah, I wasn't actually referencing him in my original post... I just did that because of poor decision making. And then the concept of talking about a normal thing as if it were poetry reminded me of Ze Frank, and i mentioned him.

(did either of those address the issue?)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Jesus, people! Less drama, already! 1-29-07
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 04:00:28 am »

So what? Is this the consensus that this is something other than California soccer mom communities do to safeguard their spawn?

And this is a great one-off, as said. Love them signs.
Logged
We must repeat!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Jesus, people! Less drama, already! 1-29-07
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2007, 04:02:23 am »

Guys, guys, guys, we're losing the real point of this strip:

Best use of clip art in a webcomic ever.

Eat that, My Filing Technique Is Unstoppable!
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up