Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus, people! Less drama, already! 1-29-07  (Read 3344 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Alternate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 141
  • the dinosaurs died for your sins
    • View Profile
Re: Jesus, people! Less drama, already! 1-29-07
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2007, 04:20:20 am »

Clip art?  Seriously?  Oh, you mean the signs, not the car, right?  I once dated someone who believed that Cartilage Head's cool old-timey car was clip art.  I ended the relationship shortly thereafter.  I'd hate to learn that my ex was right after all. 
Logged
Science fun fact:  Did you know that sharks are the awesomest of all animals?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Jesus, people! Less drama, already! 1-29-07
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2007, 04:57:07 am »

I don't watch zefrank. Referencing him is like referencing the Flying Spaghetti Monster in a religious argument.


I don't know who zefrank is, but I got a better idea from your post BI.  That's worth a can. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Jesus, people! Less drama, already! 1-29-07
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2007, 05:35:46 am »

Let there be stripper factories and beer volcanoes (I will totally trade this for rain made of joints) for all.

Of course the republicans will hate this because I didn't support Miller and the economy, and the democrats will hate this because, well, because they will be forced to by the republicans.  BUT WHAT WILL THE DEMOCRATS SOLUTION BE TO STOP THE BEER ERUPTIONS?!?  THE CHILDREN WILL HAVE ACCESSTO BEER AND MIGHT SEE NAKEDNESS!!!  SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

RAmen.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: Jesus, people! Less drama, already! 1-29-07
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2007, 06:08:25 am »

Guys, guys, guys, we're losing the real point of this strip:

Best use of clip art in a webcomic ever.

Eat that, My Filing Technique Is Unstoppable!

Yeah!  Up yours Dinosaur Comics!
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Jesus, people! Less drama, already! 1-29-07
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2007, 12:12:40 pm »

See, I wasn't even thinking of Dinosaur Comics, but I think it's because I don't think of clip art as DC's central schtick; as this has always demonstrated to me, the fact that the art is clipped is of more or less no importance compared to the artistic repetition element, whereas it's of crucial importance to this gag and that of entirely clip-art comics.

Alternately, Onstad might have hand-drawn the stuff on those signs to clearly resemble clip art, in which case the man really is a tiny god and I should probably reconsider that Mega Hugs thing.
Logged

coldfrog

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 30
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 165
  • From Shakespeare's Lights upon Friday's Eve
    • View Profile
    • Some crappy pictures I do sometimes
Re: Jesus, people! Less drama, already! 1-29-07
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2007, 01:00:39 pm »

See, I wasn't even thinking of Dinosaur Comics, but I think it's because I don't think of clip art as DC's central schtick; as this has always demonstrated to me, the fact that the art is clipped is of more or less no importance compared to the artistic repetition element, whereas it's of crucial importance to this gag and that of entirely clip-art comics.

Alternately, Onstad might have hand-drawn the stuff on those signs to clearly resemble clip art, in which case the man really is a tiny god and I should probably reconsider that Mega Hugs thing.
That is fair.  To DC I say, not up yours after all.
Logged
Let no man put asunder what I believe is thee proper attyre for footballe.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Jesus, people! Less drama, already! 1-29-07
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2007, 01:08:14 pm »

Me, I'll be in the archives section for the duration of this one-off run.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 05:27:53 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up