Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)  (Read 10635 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

hungoverdrawn

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 13
    • View Profile
    • hungoverdrawn
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2007, 10:19:54 am »

but who would really wear that?

I've ordered it, and plan on wearing it.

I don't wear the "Fuck You, You're Irish" in William of Orange, which seemed like a good idea at the time, but...
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2007, 01:47:48 pm »

I'm glad to hear such good things about the cookbook. I've been on the fence about purchasing it for forever.

Mind if I ask a question about other Achewood merchandise? How are the books? Are they a pretty good size? The resolution is cool?

The resolution is decent. There are a few places where a line is sort of pixelated and some character-code issues (em-dash showing up as &# or something). But that was mainly just in volume 1, IIRC.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2007, 06:42:09 pm »


I have got to figure out a way to save money. I've been up here 2 years and I've got nothin' to show for it.

Well, there's always working on a factory ship.  I hear you make bank and have nothing to spend it on.  We'd miss you here though.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2007, 08:24:33 pm »

Quote from: Somebody nice-#####
I have got to figure out a way to save money. I've been up here 2 years and I've got nothin' to show for it.
Well, there's always working on waiting for a factory ship to dock.  I hear you make bank and have nothing to spend it on.  We'd miss you here though.

GOOD TIME Somebody nice
Logged
We must repeat!

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2007, 09:45:50 pm »

GOOD TIME Somebody nice

Ew... just, ew. Nobody's whoring to giraffeermen, thank you very much.

Or I could sell Russian teenagers for diamonds? Or...worse, if you can imagine that. Rumor has it that someone here used to traffick small children to trampers. Don't know if it's true or not, but it makes me angrier than hell to imagine such a thing.

Oh, and I don't mean "tramper" as in someone in New Zealand who hitchhikes around. I mean a tramper as in a cargo vessel. http://www.wildnatureimages.com/3000%20to%2010000/C6CT5599..jpg

And working on a giraffeing vessel...no thanks. I don't like giraffe that much, and I reeeeally don't want to slaughter them. Working on a boat means a lot of tough work in driving wind and rain, gutting giraffe in a factory trawler. I'd make much less money than I do now. My problem is compounded by the fact that I spent $2,765 last year on frivolous purchases, like perfume.
Logged

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2007, 09:58:05 pm »

Ew... just, ew. Nobody's whoring to giraffeermen, thank you very much.

A good time girl is much different than a whore.

Well, only in one kinda big way. Basically a good time girl is an escort without benefits. I'll admit you prolly gotta be careful with that game though, they're prolly a rough on the prick tease crowd.

Y'know what? Maybe your plan of buying good stuff but less of it is the winner.

I took pains in all posts to not call you out as a whore
Logged
We must repeat!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2007, 12:15:29 am »

Did I mention that I got my Dude and Catastrophe pint glasses exactly four days after I ordered them?

Yes, well, I did.  They're nice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2007, 01:00:24 am »

I just got my pint glass, still in one piece although I carried the box into the house and slammed it down on the table while looking at the sticker that said 'fragile' and thinking, "Hey, what's this, I didn't order anything from anywhere that's frag - OOPS."  But it was fine.

Also, the 'zine.  The nice thing about Roast Beef's 'zine is that the Beef of the 'zine is a much happier Beef than we usually see.  He's sassy, even.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2007, 05:26:00 am »

Can we see some pics of those pint glasses in action?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2007, 05:53:03 am »

I really really want to make a post saying
"THEY ARE IN ACTION, BITCH!" but I am not.

Doing that.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2007, 07:46:37 am »

I am on call, and therefore cannot drink.

I want to see the pint glasses filled with delicious Guinness and hard cider (together they form a "Snakebite").
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2007, 03:08:51 pm »

I am on call, and therefore cannot drink.

I want to see the pint glasses filled with delicious Guinness and hard cider (together they form a "Snakebite").

I'd heard of the Carbomb but that one's new to me.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2007, 06:47:36 pm »

I'd heard of the Carbomb but that one's new to me.

I find the various carbomb names really distasteful. I wouldn't be surprised if you can order a "Shitload of Carbombs" from the bartender and have an Irish Car Bomb, an Iraqi Car Bomb, &c. ad nauseum.

Anyway, yeah, a Snakebite is "grelicious". You pour it like a Black and Tan, not like a Carbomb with its associated shotglass. 
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2007, 07:09:35 pm »

(semi-tangentally)

Once, we took a bunch of really strong black tea and put it in the espresso maker and drew out a thick viscous liquid that we ended up calling "Alpachino" both as a pun on cappuchino, of course, as well as the fact that it made you wanna yell "Hoo-ha!"

I did a triple shot of that and then blacked out for a half a minute.

I never blacked out from alcohol, from marijuana, from prescription painkillers.

But I blacked out from Alpachino.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2007, 10:46:06 pm »

I think that happened to my mom, but it might have been a hot flash too.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up