Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)  (Read 10658 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2007, 03:41:36 am »

Jesus...Alpachino sounds terrible. I can't even drink iced tea, because the caffeine makes me all jumpy. Drinking coffee (except as an occasional treat) gives me terrible chest pain. I take after my dad, apparently, who can't even have decaffeinated coffee (which still has a small amount of caffeine). However, I can have 2 cups of green tea in the morning and it doesn't hurt...not like coffee *shudder*

Contrast that with Kellichou and our mom, who can each put down 3 full pots of strong coffee a day and not think about it.

Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2007, 04:52:32 pm »

When I was 10 or so, I had my Dad pour me a cup of coffee so I could try it.  I almost spat it out and he said, sotto voce "Its an acquired taste."  I replied, "Sure, but why would you want to acquire it?"  So many years later now, I am coffee's bitch.   At her altar I daily kneel, to make it safely to work, and to avoid her lash (headaches and crankiness at 5pm).  On the other hand, she's taken me on interesting flavour safaris to islands and countries that I haven't yet visited with my feet, so it seems to be a two-way relationship.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2007, 06:41:55 pm »

I have been drinking coffee since I was eight.

It is why my growth was stunted. It is why I am only 6'6".
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2007, 07:54:31 pm »

I have no interest in coffee. As a child I rebelled by declaring (to myself) that I would never drink tea like my parents-- I would drink coffee, like all the cool people do.

Coffee is too hard. Tea is lovely.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

vivouk

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 88
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2007, 09:40:52 pm »

MY HOODIE ARRIVED!  ;D

I regret that I have nothing more useful to contribute.  :'(
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2007, 03:30:40 am »

MY HOODIE ARRIVED!  ;D

I regret that I have nothing more useful to contribute.  :'(

Post some piccies of your new hoodie! Like the action shots at Thinkgeek!
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2007, 04:26:58 am »

In 5th grade, before an early morning, going out-of-state class trip, me and the dudes stopped in Dunkin' Donuts.  I had only drank coffee about five times before and was just getting used to the taste.  So I bought one and all the dudes were like, wow, hey, is coffee any good?  So naturally I said, heh, sure!  Man, it looked like they were gonna throw up.  Many full coffees were wasted that day.

Nowadays I don't really drink it very often, but when I do I take it black so I can actually taste it and I get pissed off if a restaurant doesn't have espresso.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2007, 11:40:11 pm »

As a rule, I don't drink warm beverages at all. No coffee, no tea (in any of its hot or cold varieties). I will suck down hot chocolate when it is at its coldest outside on occasion. I never really mastered drinking hot drinks without burning all hell out of my mouth, and still subscribe to jaydub's "why would I want to acquire it?" stance. I find that people who drink more than a couple mugs of coffee daily have 1) plant-wilting breath, and 2) a lack of respect for personal space.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2007, 11:51:55 pm »

I love Hot Chocolate a lot.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

vivouk

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 88
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2007, 02:02:00 am »

Post some piccies of your new hoodie! Like the action shots at Thinkgeek!

No digital camera with me, I'll have to go back to my parents for photos.  :'(

It's the green Dude & Catastrophe one though.  :D
Logged

Muse_Of_Fire

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 27
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 210
  • Purveyor of Tomcoolery
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2007, 06:13:39 am »

Can for Alpachino.

:)

Logged
I'm afraid of ending up like Dugger.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2007, 03:55:31 pm »

Has anyone else had horrible results with the Achewater beer bugs? Maybe it was some strange coincidence of physics but i put a Russian Imperial stout in one of those of those guys and the bottom literally fell off the rest of the glass. (Note: I stored the glasses in my freezer)
Now Ive got two Dude and Catastropher glasses that I refuse to put in my freezer for fear of ruining my lap again.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2007, 03:53:17 am »

Well, there you go.  You're only supposed to serve Achewater in those, tepid as it was when it was drawn from backwaters of the river Lethe.

Did you brew the RIS yourself?  I'm getting ready to pitch yeast into my English Brown Ale as I type this.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2007, 08:24:31 am »

Well, there you go.  You're only supposed to serve Achewater in those, tepid as it was when it was drawn from backwaters of the river Lethe.

Did you brew the RIS yourself?  I'm getting ready to pitch yeast into my English Brown Ale as I type this.

Oooh! Kellichou and her boyfriend, being the microbiology awesome nerds that they are, are totally into zymurgy. Hell of rad, yo.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2007, 07:04:16 pm »

No i bought the stout at Dean & Delucas on broadway for like $6. I am however going to start homebrewing this summer at the latest. I work for Anheuser Busch and i think it would be fun to get some hands on experience. Do you use a website as a supplier? Im trying to find a decent resource.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up