Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)  (Read 10601 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2007, 03:36:29 am »


1. Minimum wage laws serve to make people poorer and less employed
2. Drug companies and big oil are the coolest dudes on the block. Just try living without them.
3. The absence of a formal government would make people richer, more comfortable, and healthier.
4. Schools, health care, military, post office, police, and transportation all do better when they are owned privately and not in the hands of government bureaucrats who lack any incentive at all to perform.

I think that is uh.. obviously what he is talking about.

plus, in one of those awesome things that can only happen here, there is a discussion over capitalism and communism and libertarianism all in a thread dedicated to people buying shirts based on cats.  Fake cats.  Also, the discussion did not start because of said shirts, rather because of something I haven't really figured out yet.


Edit:  Also, it made me want a picture of keith hernandez doing blow as an avatar.  At very least I want a mustache doing a line.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 03:42:54 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2007, 03:42:36 am »

OK, I'll explain further.

You made the following assertions:

Quote
1. Minimum wage laws serve to make people poorer and less employed
2. Drug companies and big oil are the coolest dudes on the block. Just try living without them.
3. The absence of a formal government would make people richer, more comfortable, and healthier.
4. Schools, health care, military, post office, police, and transportation all do better when they are owned privately and not in the hands of government bureaucrats who lack any incentive at all to perform.

Each of these may or may not be true, but you provided absolutely no argument to support any of them.  Are we just to accept them because you say so?  We understand that you've been to college and all, but here in the marketplace of ideas you've got to do a little better than that if you expect to convince anyone.

Furthermore,

Quote
I'm just glad there are enough people like me to balance out people like you who want to steal all my money and drag the country into the ground by running some wealth transfer machine.

There are more things, Horatio...

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2007, 03:52:05 am »

I thought I made it clear I wasn't really going to put up a dissertation  on the webcomic message board. I never asked you to believe me, I was just putting up some basic points of mine so you all know where I stand. You are correct, I didn't provide any arguments because I'm not here to argue. I'm here because I dig on achewood. I didn't know we were all taking each other so seriously. Sorry for saying something about who I am. Let's just get back to the cartoon cats.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2007, 04:00:49 am »

I didn't know we were all taking each other so seriously. Sorry for saying something about who I am.

Huh.

Quote
people like you who want to steal all my money and drag the country into the ground by running some wealth transfer machine.

That's some nice self-revalation there, Ace.

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: New Achewood merch to give you the strength to go on living! (Jan 29 '07)
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2007, 05:45:31 am »

Hey, guys, is Roast Beef a cat or a dog? I can never keep that straight.
Logged

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace

So, I guess OT, but it's merch-related and this is a merch thread...

My brother ordered me a bunny ambulance shirt for my birthday on the 20th. March the 20th. He emailed Onstad once to no avail. Should I be patient, or should Isaac start bugging him more?

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile

So, I guess OT, but it's merch-related and this is a merch thread...

My brother ordered me a bunny ambulance shirt for my birthday on the 20th. March the 20th. He emailed Onstad once to no avail. Should I be patient, or should Isaac start bugging him more?

I too have waited over a month for stuff from this guy. Usually after e-mailing his wife it gets in the mail.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com

Weird... when my wife ordered stuff for Christmas-before-last, it all came promptly, except for my signed print of the "liquor test" strip. That was delayed by a lack of frames. When it did come, the frame had a cardboard placeholder on top, on which Onstad drew a little picture of Philippe saying "Sorry!" We felt like we'd hit the jackpot.

I know these experiences are less than ideal, but at least in the Haushold, achewood.com is "A++++++ would do business wif again!"
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up